Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

new truck for lawn maintenance/fertilization???

I am trying to figure out a way to have one setup for everything as I will be a small business with me and one worker for the next year or two. I will be getting my commercial applicators license by the end of this next summer. I will mainly be doing maintenance work with some installs including water gardens and then adding the fert. business when licensed. I am leaning towards something like an isuzu npr with a landscape cage and maybe mount the tanks, sprayer, reels up front and still leave room for mowing equipment, cleanups, etc. I could be in fantasyland as I am yet to find a setup like this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How big is the storage bed?

I don't know the space needed for spraying equipment.

I see people all the time wishing that had at least a 6x12 to 7x14 trailer to fit all their landscape equipment. So i doubt you could fit spraying and LCO stuff on that truck.

I think that being LCO's don't mow and spray at the same time carrying around all that stuff is only going to eat up a lot more gas.

How about an open trailer that you mow with, then unload and use the same trailer for the days when you spray?

Or if the spray equipment is to heavy to load and unload then how about a trailer set up for each?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I am looking at 16-18' with the 4' beavertail. I would not have tanks full etc when mowing a's they would be dine on separate days. I think it would be a nice way to save money on getting multiple setups in the beginning and good advertising a's people would see the tanks etc. I really like the idea of the isuzu with landscape setup. Seems more economical in the long run
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

The more I research I think I may just go with an isuzu box truck with beaver tail/ramp. You can tow a trailer behind these if you have big clean up jobs correct? Also I feel like when I add on the fert. business I can put tanks/reels etc up front and still use if for maintenance.