Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 6,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I'm pretty sure I said drive axles, you know the things that power the unit. Air suspension is completely different from what I was referring to. Also in the manual it does say that air brakes are classified as an endorsement. The only false statement I made was saying it was shown on my license, which only proves I never look at my license.
So what letter signifies the air brake endorsement?
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-02-2012, 02:25 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
So what letter signifies the air brake endorsement?
I'm pretty sure I answered this question, just like the other ones. In the manual it refers to it as an endorsement. Would prefer me to draw you a diagram in crayon?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 6,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I'm pretty sure I answered this question, just like the other ones. In the manual it refers to it as an endorsement. Would prefer me to draw you a diagram in crayon?
Would you?

BTW, you did state 2 drive axles, my mistake. Then again, I've never seen an RV with 2 drive axles.

I am confused, because in one post you state it is an endorsement then you state it is a restriction. It's one or the other. If it's an endorsement, it needs a letter.

Take a look at page 6 of Maine's manual. It shows 6 endorsements, none of which have anything to do with air brakes.

Or air suspension for that other guy. Still laughing about that one.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Would you?

BTW, you did state 2 drive axles, my mistake. Then again, I've never seen an RV with 2 drive axles.

I am confused, because in one post you state it is an endorsement then you state it is a restriction. It's one or the other. If it's an endorsement, it needs a letter.

Take a look at page 6 of Maine's manual. It shows 6 endorsements, none of which have anything to do with air brakes.

Or air suspension for that other guy. Still laughing about that one.
I apologize for working in wealthy communities where people like to show off their money with large RV's. Read the beginning of section 5 where it refers to it as an endorsement. If I knew how, I would scan the page and show you the wording.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
So why does the amonut of drive axles on a RV matter aynway?

Still trying to figure out how you could get an X endorsement on a non CMV.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 AM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
Those RVs are actually single screw with a tag axle. We have at least one a week in the shop, never seen a twin screw RV.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
Those RVs are actually single screw with a tag axle. We have at least one a week in the shop, never seen a twin screw RV.
Posted via Mobile Device
You are probably right about the second axle being a fixed tag. Again the point I was trying to make is whether or not the vehicle is used for intrastate or interstate commerce it still exceeds weight restrictions. I know the reasoning behind it, because no one would buy those expensive RV's and fifth wheel campers if they needed a CDL. @ Duffster, there are two exceptions to needing an endorsement without a CDL. If the vehicle hauls hazerdous material. Also the Z passenger endorsement for bus drivers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
You are probably right about the second axle being a fixed tag. Again the point I was trying to make is whether or not the vehicle is used for intrastate or interstate commerce it still exceeds weight restrictions. I know the reasoning behind it, because no one would buy those expensive RV's and fifth wheel campers if they needed a CDL. @ Duffster, there are two exceptions to needing an endorsement without a CDL. If the vehicle hauls hazerdous material. Also the Z passenger endorsement for bus drivers.
That is just idiotic. You can't get a hazmat endorsement WITHOUT a CDL. Pretty much the same for the P endorsement too.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
What endorsement do I need for my air ride seat? How aboot my air ride cab?

Or are they covered under a combined endorsement?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 AM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
What is a Z endorsement? I have both passenger and school bus and neither one of them is a Z .

Maybe its a non CDL endorsement.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.08351 seconds with 9 queries