Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I do not own a stander at the momment, it all depends on what you are doing but to me the ultimate setup for do it all system on a trailer would be a 36 belt drive WB with a velkie a 52 inch stander compact like the Wright design and then from there a 72 ZTR like a Super Z and you could bust about anything out quick.

A stander is no match at all on mid to large properties compared to a 72 ZTR that can mow fast but on high end properties that are smaller a big Z tears the turf up.
A Wright will make up time around obstacles. So even if you have a large area to mow, if you have alot of obstacles the Wright can be as quick or quicker than the ZTR because of its nimbleness.

I have mowed our property with a 61" Bobcat ProCat, a 61" Ferris IS2000Z and a 52" Wright Stander. It takes 45-50 minutes with each machine. Doesnt matter which one. The stander has a smaller deck and lower top speed yet it keeps up.

Now if you have wide open fields to mow then the ZTR with a higher ground speed and bigger deck is going to win...or a Stander ZK.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
A Wright will make up time around obstacles. So even if you have a large area to mow, if you have alot of obstacles the Wright can be as quick or quicker than the ZTR because of its nimbleness.

I have mowed our property with a 61" Bobcat ProCat, a 61" Ferris IS2000Z and a 52" Wright Stander. It takes 45-50 minutes with each machine. Doesnt matter which one. The stander has a smaller deck and lower top speed yet it keeps up.

Now if you have wide open fields to mow then the ZTR with a higher ground speed and bigger deck is going to win...or a Stander ZK.
I agree with this one.
Trac vac loaders and bagger
Billygoat 1302sp blower
Stihl handhelds/322l & 580BTs husky
2003 GMC C4500 14ft dump
1998 Chevy 1500 Z71 with 8ft EZ dumper
2003 GMC W3500 18ft box cabover
6.5x12 landscape trailer
Jrco leaf plow
Part time for now and solo for now.
Third year!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

With all the talk about standers, what about the Toro Grandstand or the Gravely Pro-Stance. What do you guys think about those standers.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Im currently testing and writing a review on Gravely's new stander. Here is the link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=389107

What Im finding is the stander is way faster on properties under 1/2 acre and Im saving a ton of time. But over 1/2 acre my ZTR is still much faster.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post

My Super 72 on any property that is bigger than a medium to upper medium sized residential unless it is all real real tight with mounds will for the most part kill a 52 stander.

I have used standers and they are great but no match for a good Z and I say a good one, Not this 10 MPH crap.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 60'' john deere quik trak and a 52'' scag vride, love them both and the "older folks" that don't like those big zero turns on there yards for some reason don't mind seeing the stander on there yard even though they are about the same weight its the tires that scare them. i would rather stand than sit seems more comfortable, plus its easier to get on/off and load and unload.
6' 1/2 x 14' open trailer
60''/28hp John Deere 757 zero turn
48''/17hp John Deere 7H17 walk behind
22''/6.5hp Toro Personnal Pace push
19"/4hp Bluebird aerator
2 Echo trimmers, 3 blowers, 1 hedge trimmer
1 Husqvarna trimmer/edger/hedger/pole saw
14'' Stihl TS400 concrete saw
and a bunch of other crap a solo operator needs
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going that route, i have 4 scag v rides and was ready to go with no walk behinds, hydros with velkes of course. But late this seazon i changed direction a little. I am keeping one stander and one walk behind on each trailer. The reaon being for those tricky yards that may need som funky manuevering that a stander could not do. It is working out ok so far.
Thanks and good luck to all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
My Super 72 on any property that is bigger than a medium to upper medium sized residential unless it is all real real tight with mounds will for the most part kill a 52 stander.

I have used standers and they are great but no match for a good Z and I say a good one, Not this 10 MPH crap.
Wright zk kicks azz..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfbuilder View Post
Wright zk kicks azz..
Posted via Mobile Device
How much is a 52 Wright now?, I love standers but I do know there limitations.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
How much is a 52 Wright now?, I love standers but I do know there limitations.
17% off msrp if you purchase in November. That's around $7700.00 for a Stander X. The ZK would be around a grand more I think.

There are more limitations with a sit down z than a stander. You can cut any area with a stander that you can with a sit down. We run our sit downs primarily in bigger, flatter areas.