Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrell View Post
I don't know why they don't just include a full width striping roller like my Z2.
It does the same thing and stripes the grass.
Because then they couldn't sell it to you for $650. And the new ones don't mount on the back of the deck from what I understand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
It is a single wheel in the middle or a dual wheel kit. I got the dual because the single is only about 5" long. I'll try to get you a pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
According to what I read you can get a wide single center roller for the center, or one anti-scalp wheel for each side of the deck, or all three, which means you could have the wide center roller plus two outside wheels, which may work better with this 72" deck, what are your thoughts?

Has anyone tried the different baffle settings to see how the deck performs? They come from the factory with the baffle located in the "B" hole setting. I am getting some blowout which I've never seen with any Super Z I've owned previously, and thought that maybe by dropping down to the "A" hole setting I could possibly eliminate this problem, it's not terrible, but I would like to prevent it entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
If you look on the Hustler website, you can download parts manuals. Just look at that an it shows a line drawing of the wheel kit.
Posted via Mobile Device
The drawing I saw in the parts manual was lacking for clear information on the 72" deck, is there a clearer look anywhere else?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now I remember. It was on the videos on their site. The animated drawing one IIRC. They show a rotating shot where they pan under the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Now I remember. It was on the videos on their site. The animated drawing one IIRC. They show a rotating shot where they pan under the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Would you please post the link?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm on my iPhone. But isn't there still clickable YouTube videos on the Hustler website?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'm on my iPhone. But isn't there still clickable YouTube videos on the Hustler website?
Posted via Mobile Device
I just went through the videos on Hustler's site, and I didn't see the optional gauge wheels anywhere in any of them.

However, if you go to this link and view the video for the Hustler SZ in animated form (which is right below the large video of the rear discharge deck to the left of the screen, third video from the left), you can see at the 3:03 mark, the center anti scalp wheel

http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 10-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
According to what I read you can get a wide single center roller for the center, or one anti-scalp wheel for each side of the deck, or all three, which means you could have the wide center roller plus two outside wheels, which may work better with this 72" deck, what are your thoughts?

Has anyone tried the different baffle settings to see how the deck performs? They come from the factory with the baffle located in the "B" hole setting. I am getting some blowout which I've never seen with any Super Z I've owned previously, and thought that maybe by dropping down to the "A" hole setting I could possibly eliminate this problem, it's not terrible, but I would like to prevent it entirely.

The drawing I saw in the parts manual was lacking for clear information on the 72" deck, is there a clearer look anywhere else?
Puppy I promise I haven't forgotten your pics. I haven't gotten home til after dark the last 3 days but I will get them tomorrow when I sharpen blades. The scalp wheels aren't wide they are all three the same size just one kit has one that goes in the center, the other has 2 wheels the same size, the pics will explain better. For the front baffle, I lowered mine for a few days and didn't cut as good as in B hole. It laid the grass over especially crabgrass stems where the wall was now lower than the blades tips. I haven't tried raising it, I'm afraid that will loose too much suction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdM8z...layer_embedded

Same video that Ridin' Green posted....just a little further at the 4:30 mark shows all 3 rollers going into place
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Puppy

If you have the VX4 deck the only problem I have with the dual rear wheel setup is they are not adjustable. They are in one position only.

If you get the center roller only there is two mounting holes that match the two positions of the three front rollers.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdM8z...layer_embedded

Same video that Ridin' Green posted....just a little further at the 4:30 mark shows all 3 rollers going into place
Thanks, I can now see there are no outside anti-scalp wheels for the sides of the deck, you can get one, two, or three, which are all located in the center. These are all wheels according to the picture, no roller that I saw, is this what you saw as well? I consider a roller to be longer than a normal anti-scalp wheel.

I am enclosing the three part video series, some may have seen these, but a few such as myself may not.

VIDEO # 1 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxJK...feature=relmfu

VIDEO # 2 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USlf...feature=relmfu

VIDEO # 3 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0l9...feature=relmfu