Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice echo trimmer, I cant remember if the carbs' on the echos are the special type of adjustment screw, like a female mold of a hex screw head. Or a flat head screw driver, but sounds like the low end speed needs to be adjusted...

If the carb is a weird one, let me know I can get you one really cheap because the dealers arent allowed to sell them any more... Darned EPA

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you sir, its just a homeowner trimmer but whatever, it runs alright. I figured it out, its a flathead adjustment, I just played around with the air/fuel mixture and it runs now.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Thank you sir, its just a homeowner trimmer but whatever, it runs alright. I figured it out, its a flathead adjustment, I just played around with the air/fuel mixture and it runs now.
A big problem with the homeowner stuff, is that when you buy it the mixtures are usually off a bit. If they are made in a area of lesser elevation, the mixture would be set for that area, but when they get shipped around the air to fuel mixture wouldn't be the same, but buying from a dealer, a good one will adjust them for you. My dealer told me he can get a $2,750 fine for selling a carb adjust tool because of the EPA :/ Glad to hear you got it figured out

How much longer is left on your season up there?

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkane97 View Post
A big problem with the homeowner stuff, is that when you buy it the mixtures are usually off a bit. If they are made in a area of lesser elevation, the mixture would be set for that area, but when they get shipped around the air to fuel mixture wouldn't be the same, but buying from a dealer, a good one will adjust them for you. My dealer told me he can get a $2,750 fine for selling a carb adjust tool because of the EPA :/ Glad to hear you got it figured out

How much longer is left on your season up there?
Wow thats a big fine for something like that! I'm surprised.

I got it all working, but I already have a main trimmer and back-up which never gets used and is still new. So I'm gonna sell the HO Stihl to my brother.

The season seems to be slowly winding down, we've had a tiny bit of frost, and its progressively getting cooler, its supposed to be like 10 or 11 all weekend. I'd say about a month before the frost starts coming on heavy. The leaves are falling hard already so we'll start to clean those up pretty soon. I'm ready for some snow!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to take my Taco on my out of town run which is basically all highway and it doesn't do so well with the weight, and I was a little worried about the clutch. But all was fine, slow and steady. Back to the humble beginnings are crammed small trailer and a truck that screams trying to move it.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is an example of a letter sent to the dealers, my dealer is husqvarna and had one from them, but its the same difference http://www.lawnparts.com/MTD_Carb_Update.pdf

Glad to hear you got it running!

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! That sucks, interesting though. Emissions laws are becoming so strict now. I understand the concern but sometimes I think they're being a little overbearing.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sold the Hemi, the Wideout, and the Kage. This is the most exciting part of the season!

Teaser:
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured you may like that!

Just ran out to get some good pictures (don't mind the rider being at the back, it was that way because I swapped the trailer from my Tacoma)
Attached Images