Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol_71646 View Post
I would say as far as power it does not bog down in deep grass, it cuts evenly with nice stripes, no mechanical issues in 75 hours of use, it will mow as fast as the terrain allows, and it has a very comfortable suspension seat. It has been a great mower. Just trying to compare it to other mainstream commercial brands.
this is the way it works for me too!!!!
2-21' mowers
4-gas trimmers
4-gas blowers
3-back pack blowers
6x14 trailer/dovetail
7x18 open trailer / car
04 ford f-250 crew 4x4
2013 ford f-150 crew 4x4
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
That is your answer to all those questions..... Proof supplied.
He just made a small mistake, he meant it was pitched with a 1/4" rise to the back.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paws, i like you but i can't understand how you could see he meant 1/4" pitch from that reply. Not being rude here but seriously? I remember about 2 years ago a lot of these badboy thread popping up with a bunch of LS newbies right after they had a pr explosion....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Paws, i like you but i can't understand how you could see he meant 1/4" pitch from that reply. Not being rude here but seriously? I remember about 2 years ago a lot of these badboy thread popping up with a bunch of LS newbies right after they had a pr explosion....
Posted via Mobile Device
Let me approach this a different way. I understand that you like your mower brand. I respect that. I still do not understand why you continue to dislike bb. Have you had a personal bad experience with them or are you just quoting other threads? Basically I just can't figure out why you dislike bb so much?
Echo trimmer, edger, and backpack blower
MTD yard man push mower
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol_71646 View Post
Let me approach this a different way. I understand that you like your mower brand. I respect that. I still do not understand why you continue to dislike bb. Have you had a personal bad experience with them or are you just quoting other threads? Basically I just can't figure out why you dislike bb so much?
I haven't said one negative thing or untrue fact and BB. I like alot of mower mfg's. Someone is feeling provocative.....

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 10-05-2012, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought a 60 inch pup 30 hp kohler new in 2008 put about 650 hours on it not 1 single problem and sold it for about half of what i paid for it . Bought a 2012 outlaw extreme 852 cc this spring because of the new armor tek deck love it no problems and cuts great . I mow some pretty rough properties also. In my opinion its a great mower !
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
If you want to be fine when starting a LCO then yes buy all means buy a badboy. If you want to show up to win, succeed, wow your potential customer base, perform great work well then you will need to not choose a badboy.
No you may not specifically bag Bad Boy Mowers but this type of comment implies it.

You think Ferris is the best because that is what you own and paid alot more for a similar spec'd machine to the Bad Boy equivalent.
They all run the same components? don't they, so if you service them regularly they will last a long time. But most people do not so when it breaks they blame the brand.

Yes I do have a Bad Boy Lightning and my neighbour has a ferris. His has been broken numerous times. So is Ferris a piece of junk no! It just wasn't maintained properly.

My 2 cents worth, but I find the Bad Boy machines quite competent and at a better price point. If you want the best cut Keep your blades sharp and SLOW DOWN that is the main reason Walker mowers give a very good cut.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

One thing to consider. I think too many people don't properly maintain their equipment and just expect it to run, run, run with very little effort put into proper care and maintenance. No, you shouldn't have to be constantly be working on the machine, but you do need to take care of your equipment (routine oil changes, air filter, cleaning, greasing, etc). "My spindle wore out...this thing sucks!" Well, did you grease your spindles? "Yeah.....Like 4 times last summer." Oh boy...and you expect any machine to last? (having a hypothetical conversation with myself) Having said that - if someone does routine maintenance and a machine still starts falling apart (parts failing unexpectedly and far too often), then I'd call it a lemon and look for another brand next time. I've had great luck with even consumer grade mowers. For example, a simple Craftsman lawn tractor that mowed my own bumpy/hill 2.5 to 3 acres for 8 years with no unusual failures. I think I replaced an electric clutch for the blade engagement, but that's about it. I'm just saying...if you take good care of your equipment, that goes a long way to making sure it lasts a long time. But certainly, there ARE inferior products out there. Just don't make it worse by not taking care of it (maintenance).
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
The way I came to that conclusion is when people ask how a deck is set up, they are speaking of pitch, if not they would say what is your cutting height, does that make better sense?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyst1 View Post
i haven't said one negative thing or untrue fact and bb. I like alot of mower mfg's. Someone is feeling provocative.....
lol..........