Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Most efficient number of employees on a lawn crew?

Hello,
I would call my business an inbetween business right now. Ive been full time for three years. I have one employee who is a seasonal college kid that helps until December when he goes home for a month. I have 55 properties to care for and am meeting a property manager tommorrow to possibly get 20-25 more small residential properties. Right now, we are working about 30-40 hrs per week and adding 25 more would be too much stress and too many of my hours devoted to labor. I need office time shop time and phone time also. I have a hard time trusting someone else to operate solo and also dont have the capital to outfit another truck trailer equipment etc. with winter and seasonal slow down one month away. Would adding a third crewmember be more efficient or would it just add another cost of labor without a significant return on time savings and production volume. Never been here before with my business. Trying to take a step to the next level. Any advice or help will be much appreciated. Thanks!