Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver122876 View Post
Does it come in a 36 in model?
As of now 48, 52 and 61". Gravely does listen to us so a 36 would be a great recommendation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you feel it did on the wet grass vs. what your x factor would have done? do you find the walk behind mode to actually be useful or just a gimmick?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm sure they will make a 36 at some point, especially if these models do well, and i think they will, lot of potential...can u explain the front casters in more detail? our grandstands are solid rubber which is nice, never have to worry about air...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's my understanding Wright is making Gravely's standers? They do look very similier in design. If there was a Gravely dealer or dealers around here I would be tempted to demo one we're pretty much all JD,Scag,Exmark,Walker and Toro around here, although I did see a Wright just the other day. It looks to have a lot of really good features maybe too many, overcomplicated in a sense.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Do these new standers have the same deck as the old ones? I demoed one of the old ones and it cut like crap on our junk grasses but the z's cut good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
How do you feel it did on the wet grass vs. what your x factor would have done? do you find the walk behind mode to actually be useful or just a gimmick?
Posted via Mobile Device
The walk behind mode becomes useful when getting on and off the trailer and for trailer space, not so much for cutting. SOrry not trying to hijack your thread.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good, and great review man.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am so glad to see this review. I am demoing a 61" Pro Stance next week and have been trying to find reviews but I have not seen any on the new machines. The dealer I have the V Ride demo from also sells Gravely and I ask him the other day which he would prefer and he said they have had good luck with both and that he would put the Gravely up against anybodies machine. I am demoing the V Ride till the Gravely comes in and so far I have been pleased with what I am seeing. But they would be willing to sell me the two Gravely for $1100 less than the Scags so that is pretty attractive to me as long as they perform as well as I need. Have you or will you be climbing any curbs with it. I'm not talking the rounded one I'm talking squared off ones. I have several of these that are for islands and I need to be able to climb on them to mow them. My Deere machines wouldn't do it as they would bottom out between the rear wheels or the back of the deck. Cut quality looks very good considering it was wet. Some machines seem to like the grass a little wet. I know my Deere always cut just a little better when the grass was a little wet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I am so glad to see this review. I am demoing a 61" Pro Stance next week and have been trying to find reviews but I have not seen any on the new machines. The dealer I have the V Ride demo from also sells Gravely and I ask him the other day which he would prefer and he said they have had good luck with both and that he would put the Gravely up against anybodies machine. I am demoing the V Ride till the Gravely comes in and so far I have been pleased with what I am seeing. But they would be willing to sell me the two Gravely for $1100 less than the Scags so that is pretty attractive to me as long as they perform as well as I need. Have you or will you be climbing any curbs with it. I'm not talking the rounded one I'm talking squared off ones. I have several of these that are for islands and I need to be able to climb on them to mow them. My Deere machines wouldn't do it as they would bottom out between the rear wheels or the back of the deck. Cut quality looks very good considering it was wet. Some machines seem to like the grass a little wet. I know my Deere always cut just a little better when the grass was a little wet.
Posted via Mobile Device
They actually have two different holes for the front caster axle to mount in on the fropnt forks. the guy who brought my demo out today said that the lower hole was for making it a little better for climbing over certain curbs. Of course, the deck would have to be leveled and the machine used in whichever hole you choose, meaning you can't level it while mounted in the hole it comes from the factory in, and then swao for curb climbing without any adjustments made.

If you look at my pics in the review I put up today, you can see the hole I'm talking about on the front forks.It's just below and back of the stoc mounting hole.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
It's my understanding Wright is making Gravely's standers? They do look very similier in design. If there was a Gravely dealer or dealers around here I would be tempted to demo one we're pretty much all JD,Scag,Exmark,Walker and Toro around here, although I did see a Wright just the other day. It looks to have a lot of really good features maybe too many, overcomplicated in a sense.
the gravely looks nothing like a wright stander. John Deere is having their standers made by right though.
Posted via Mobile Device