Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
For those who say they make ugly stripes...I added a split tail wheel kit, god I love this machine.
Ahhh much better. Honestly the best Walker stripes I have seen! Nice work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
For those who say they make ugly stripes...I added a split tail wheel kit, god I love this machine.
I took my split tail wheel kit off as it limited my original super tight steering radius that I was used to. Plus as crazy as it sounds I missed the stripe in the middle as it made the stripe unique to all others and kind of cool. I have looked at lawns in good conditions with and without the third wheel marks and rally thought it made them look sweet.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had the solid tail wheel and found it to cause too much damage on turning. As you make a three point the rear tail would pivot causing (sorry for the rhyme) a divot! The split wheel design counterrotates as you make your turn lessening the pivoting effect. Now for a solid stripe it looks cool but I still like the split tail stripe as it is unique to Walker.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think a Walker is like an iPhone...even if it lacks badly in a few areas people will still like them...and even go as far as taking up for a badly designed or implemented feature just because its a Walker or an iPhone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I think a Walker is like an iPhone...even if it lacks badly in a few areas people will still like them...and even go as far as taking up for a badly designed or implemented feature just because its a Walker or an iPhone.
Posted via Mobile Device

SHHHHHHHHHH you are going to get some guys fired up with that one!

And that 3rd wheel stripe is not really unique to walker. I see it ALL the time with guys running walk behinds with a velky. And it still looks like crap to me and I admit I have used a velkie on a mower many times before we got ztr's and even then I did not like that 3rd center stripe.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW ED View Post
I had the solid tail wheel and found it to cause too much damage on turning. As you make a three point the rear tail would pivot causing (sorry for the rhyme) a divot! The split wheel design counterrotates as you make your turn lessening the pivoting effect. Now for a solid stripe it looks cool but I still like the split tail stripe as it is unique to Walker.
I was referring to the the kit that walker has that actually track directly behind the drive tires about three feet apart. When I referenced rear tail wheel marks, I mean the two tires that mount inside the single tail fork. There is not a mower around that can handle and follow the ground contour like a walker can, guys who own them know what I'm talking about. When grass conditions are at there best I think with the third wheel marks look awesome.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
SHHHHHHHHHH you are going to get some guys fired up with that one!

And that 3rd wheel stripe is not really unique to walker. I see it ALL the time with guys running walk behinds with a velky. And it still looks like crap to me and I admit I have used a velkie on a mower many times before we got ztr's and even then I did not like that 3rd center stripe.
You think I care if they get fired up? Nope!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
I was referring to the the kit that walker has that actually track directly behind the drive tires about three feet apart.
I am not familiar with this kit. I still run my Iphone, um I mean Walker dispite some of the "badly designed" features but I don't recall a striping kit. Can you tell me more or show some pictures.
I am getting the Walker ready for leaf season. Its hard to match the look even if a guy runs a velky but who wants to stand when you can sit.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW ED View Post
I am not familiar with this kit. I still run my Iphone, um I mean Walker dispite some of the "badly designed" features but I don't recall a striping kit. Can you tell me more or show some pictures.
I am getting the Walker ready for leaf season. Its hard to match the look even if a guy runs a velky but who wants to stand when you can sit.
He's talking about the wise split rear wheels. Take a look at the third pic down on the right. It opens the video about this option.

http://www.walkermowers.com/options/...ls-options.php
Old 10-06-2012, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

What I think is funny is that walker mowers always bring up heated debates on here. Seems more so than any other mower. The people that hate them always seem to have to speak out on it for some reason and the people that love them always seem to have to as well. Can't we all just get along? it's kinda like a GM, Ford, Dodge etc truck argument.
2004 Bobcat s250
Gravely 152 ztr
2006 walker GHS
16ft landscape trailer
2012 6 ton dump trailer
2004 JDJ 7 ton dump trailer
Little wonder leaf loader
Toro proline and Honda 21's
Toro 36" walkbehinds
Stihl,echo,handhelds and saws
Arctic snow plows and snow ex salters
Horst Snow Pushers