Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome things to hear, because down here in south Florida it has been raining every day so things are a bit wet but it's not surprising since it's still some what summer time. By any chance does anyone know what size blade hole a Kubota zd221 54" deck has? I couldn't find the specs on them. Also been kinda lazy to take the blade off and measure haha
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Will these blades perform on my 16 hp exmark viking (48 cut)? I am running normal gators right now and like them alot but clippings that discharge are like the do not get cut up any more than once (not mulch like). Thanks
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othertime View Post
Will these blades perform on my 16 hp exmark viking (48 cut)? I am running normal gators right now and like them alot but clippings that discharge are like the do not get cut up any more than once (not mulch like). Thanks

You'll just have to try a set unless someone has the same machine. Definitely do the G5s and not the G6s for your rig or you may find the G6s put more demand on your engine than it's happy with. I ran the old gators on my Hustler Super Zs and saw little to no advantage so discontinued. I tried a set of G6s on my Gravely 460 and again little to maybe a little worse QOC than the OEM blades. I put a set of G5s on my 36 Encore hydro walk behind and it's awesome. It have everything to do with the deck design.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I ran these blades on my Snapper Pro 48 with excellent results. Now Im trying to find them for my Exmark Lazer Z with a 56" Triton deck. Having trouble finding them,, anyone got any ideas?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody using the G6 blades on a Kubota ZD221 with a 48" deck. Thinking about trying them but can't find the right part number.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcharge View Post
Anybody using the G6 blades on a Kubota ZD221 with a 48" deck. Thinking about trying them but can't find the right part number.
There isn't a G6 listed for your deck on Oregon's website.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you know if one for another deck would fit?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I finally sharpened and put the G6 blades back on my Scag. Man what a difference. I can't believe how well the grass clippings get diced up and disappear. Even with tall grass it would turn to dust almost. They do suck up more juice to keep them spinning but the trade off is worth it.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcharge View Post
Do you know if one for another deck would fit?
Sorry, but I don't know that. You can go to the Oregon site though, and there is an option where you can look up by blade size vs manufacturer of the machine. You simply need to find one of the same length and width, with the same center hole and blade offset (if any).

http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/pr...des/blades.htm
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Chalk up another vote for the G6 blades. I've been running them for about a week on my Turf Tracer. They provide just about the perfect balance of cut quality, mulching ability and dispersal of clippings for me, with the highest rating going to cut quality.

The only thing is that I have little bits of debris flying up and hitting me, something I've never had happen on that machine before. I don't know if it's blowout from the front or back or what. I have yet to see where it's coming from.

I did sharpen and balance them before I installed them...one of them was badly out of balance, but I've found that to be pretty common with new blades.