Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, Wright is making standers for JD as of 2013...gravely (owned by Ariens) DID make the stander for John Deere previously, and it sucked just as much as the old gravely pro stance...i'm 97.3546% sure that is all correct, now i'm gonna go double check...i'm also very tired and my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so if i'm wrong, i'm prob not going to correct it...
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
yeah, Wright is making standers for JD as of 2013...gravely (owned by Ariens) DID make the stander for John Deere previously, and it sucked just as much as the old gravely pro stance...i'm 97.3546% sure that is all correct, now i'm gonna go double check...i'm also very tired and my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so if i'm wrong, i'm prob not going to correct it...
I believe you're incorrect here. Gravely has been making the JD WB's, not the standers. It is true that Wright and Deere are partnering up for the new standers though.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No bigger opening than the deck has would bet it will clump in heavy grass.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
How do you feel it did on the wet grass vs. what your x factor would have done? do you find the walk behind mode to actually be useful or just a gimmick?
Posted via Mobile Device
I feel it did really well but will need more time on some thick grass. The X-Factor does awesome in wet grass. I will keep you updated as I cut more.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
i'm sure they will make a 36 at some point, especially if these models do well, and i think they will, lot of potential...can u explain the front casters in more detail? our grandstands are solid rubber which is nice, never have to worry about air...
The front tires are a hybrid run flat. They take no air but are not solid. Feel to have what 8 psi would feel like. Really smooths out the ride.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
It's my understanding Wright is making Gravely's standers? They do look very similier in design. If there was a Gravely dealer or dealers around here I would be tempted to demo one we're pretty much all JD,Scag,Exmark,Walker and Toro around here, although I did see a Wright just the other day. It looks to have a lot of really good features maybe too many, overcomplicated in a sense.
Gravely designed and made this stander from scratch.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Do these new standers have the same deck as the old ones? I demoed one of the old ones and it cut like crap on our junk grasses but the z's cut good.
Posted via Mobile Device
From my understanding the deck has been enhanced. But I will let you know how it does when I cut some weeds.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSide Cutter View Post
No bigger opening than the deck has would bet it will clump in heavy grass.
I will let you know. It really handled wet grass yesterday without one clump. I use to think a small opening size would cause clumping but my X-Factor deck does not clump at all in any grass dry, wet, thick or thin. The discharge pressure on both decks is huge and the decks stay clean.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
How do you feel it did on the wet grass vs. what your x factor would have done? do you find the walk behind mode to actually be useful or just a gimmick?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am also sceptical about walk behind mode with not weight over the rear wheels. Honestly I have not tried it yet but will report when I do.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

You mentioned there was a new platform on it - was it comfortable? Worthwhile to take a look at?