Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And if that hitch you mentioned is a swing-away hitch they're more like $500+. So is it safe to assume that you won't be coming down to buy mine? LOL
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol i wont be heading to CT anytime soon!! but im sure theres some desperate landscaper out your way who would be dying to take it off your hands!

The mount is not the swing away. it bolts to the tongue of a trailer and holds the machine. its like a 3 foot tall table stand for it. ill post pics of it tomorrow. im not sure if ill be using it as it or modifying it to bolt to my tailgate of my trailer. They had it mounted on a trailer shooting into the back of a dump truck. i could mount it on the tongue, flip the blower to shoot back into my trailer and operate the hose from between my truck/trailer but i dont know yet. i already had the setup in mind to hang it off the gate.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One problem with it on the tongue, other than having to work between the truck and trailer in a confined, area is that you always have a 90 degree bend in the hose and it tends to clog up more. If you have it on the back of the trailer, you can work with it straighter and not worry about slamming the hose into your truck when you shake it to clear clogs. To me it's just awkward having it on the tongue, but I know a lot of guys do. You may also have to mount it high to clear the box which I presume is on the tongue with the battery and hydraulics in it.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the mount will have to be modified a bit. with where my trailer box is its slightly off in alignment. and thats welded to the frame from factory so ill have to do something. spacers would probably do it. or ill hack it up good and make it to work on the gate. i got it in my truck now tarped as it jus started raining but ill snap a pic the whole setup tomorrow. just got home now and its already getting dark outside