Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely leaf vac

I am looking at purchasing a Gravely leaf vac, model #995029. Does anyone have one. I will be utilizing it to clean up small lawns with lots of Live Oak leaves. Likes/dislikes.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

This is what I know, but I could be considered biased . The Gravely unit mentioned is a Parker with different paint. http://www.parkersweeper.com/parker-...spx?sort_by=36 The Parker is a knock off of our old KD series but it's only push and it's only briggs powered. The bag has a long zipper that's prone to getting stuck with debris. The bag has no downward venting bag so in dry conditions you'll be having a lot of dust in your face. I know the troubles of the bag as their's is a knock off of our old style bags. The fan is an older style that has no shredding blades so the debris isn't reduced as much as it could be. Performance wise it's not a bad unit but for the money (assuming you're paying list or close to it) there are better units out there.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks. That's the kind of info I was looking for and somewhat expected. Guess I will keep looking. A Billy goat just might fit my needs.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
This is what I know, but I could be considered biased . The Gravely unit mentioned is a Parker with different paint. http://www.parkersweeper.com/parker-...spx?sort_by=36 The Parker is a knock off of our old KD series but it's only push and it's only briggs powered. The bag has a long zipper that's prone to getting stuck with debris. The bag has no downward venting bag so in dry conditions you'll be having a lot of dust in your face. I know the troubles of the bag as their's is a knock off of our old style bags. The fan is an older style that has no shredding blades so the debris isn't reduced as much as it could be. Performance wise it's not a bad unit but for the money (assuming you're paying list or close to it) there are better units out there.
Ok my dealer is pricing a Billy Goat KV650SPH for me. The reviews are mixed. Will they vac up acorns and small Love Oak leaves from St Augustine grass? I do not want to purchase a machine that will sit in my shop. Any additional info os appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Sponsor

Gravely offers a dust cover that fits over the bag and forces the discharge to go downward between the bag and the dust cover, which helps control dust. There are also multiple bag options to fit wet and dry conditions. Our nylon mesh bag works well in wet conditions while our canvas bag is better for dry and dusty conditions. The Gravely APV has a 14” steel, 4-blade impeller that breaks up the debris and has 1750 cfm of suction power. One of the great features of the Gravely APV is that it has an on-board hose as a standard feature so you are able to get under shrubs and into tight areas where the machine can’t go. Visit our Gravely website for additional information or to find your local dealer to discuss your options.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks. I have been discussing my options with the dealer. They do stock Gravely vacs and have quoted me a price to order a Billy Goat as well as the gravely unit they have in stock. They appear to be fairly similar. If I can make a suggestion to Gravely, it would help if your website had more specifics. Not being critical but Billy Goats site is lite years ahead of Gravelys. thanks again for your imput.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Ok my dealer is pricing a Billy Goat KV650SPH for me. The reviews are mixed. Will they vac up acorns and small Love Oak leaves from St Augustine grass? I do not want to purchase a machine that will sit in my shop. Any additional info os appreciated. Thanks
Acorns out of St Augustine? It'll get most of the ones on top but few beyond that. Fresh acorns are relatively heavy and very aerodynamic. Healthy St. Augustine has thick blades and is prone to have lots of nooks and crannies for acorns to hide as well. It'll get the live oak leaves just fine though.