Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
And have these decades of study taught us anything about irrigating 2 or 3 times a day to get seed to germinate???
I dont know, why dont you do some research, google away dude.

If you think about it though, every seed manufacturer says to keep the seed moist until germination and then to keep watering until it is so tall. I have to assume they are telling you the truth because if you dont get good results you wont be a repeat customer. So if you need to irrigate 2-3 times a day to keep it moist then do that.

The original point i was trying to make is seed will eventually germinate even if you dont irrigate, nature will make it happen when its time but it could take a very long time, years even. However since people want everything RIGHT NOW the seed manufacturers tell you to keep it moist to speed up the process, how you do that is up to you.

Quote:
have you personally witnessed seed germination on an overseeded lawn that wasn't irrigated???
Yes, already covered that with my non intentional experiment.

Quote:
do the birds and rodents make it impossible for you to overseed an unirrigated lawn???
Never said it was impossible, it can severely deter the results obviously, an eaten seed is a seed that isnt going to grow now isnt it?

Quote:
THAT is what was being discussed, before all this foolishness about a seed germinating in dessicated soils and birds and rodents eating everything up... THAT is what makes you think that everyone else is stupid??? give me a break... only irrigated lawns can be safe from rodents and the seed will just sit there for years... that is relevant,,, HOW???
Dont know how to reply to this, its very............out there, total nonsense and odd bable.