Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are rollers. Same as the front center one on the VX4.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Ill include photos of the instruction sheet that came with the dual wheel kit.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Thanks, I can now see there are no outside anti-scalp wheels for the sides of the deck, you can get one, two, or three, which are all located in the center. These are all wheels according to the picture, no roller that I saw, is this what you saw as well? I consider a roller to be longer than a normal anti-scalp wheel.

I am enclosing the three part video series, some may have seen these, but a few such as myself may not.

VIDEO # 1 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxJK...feature=relmfu

VIDEO # 2 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USlf...feature=relmfu

VIDEO # 3 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0l9...feature=relmfu
The more I look at the picture, the more I agree they are rollers under the rear and not wheels; even though the animated video describes them a wheels.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sharkey View Post
Ill include photos of the instruction sheet that came with the dual wheel kit.

Thank you very much for going to what I know was a little trouble to scan and bring the pictures into this thread.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thank you very much for going to what I know was a little trouble to scan and bring the pictures into this thread.
Mr Pupster could you please give me your vedict on the new mower compared to the old 66 as in how well does it pull hills while mowing and just how tall grass can it cut without bogging and your overall professional opinion.

A dealer down south from me will sell me one for 12 out the door + 0 for 48 months and I am kinda tempted because I love lawn mowers! thanks.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yaa one thing I think I kinda noticed about the new one when I demoed it. I tried a 60 with flex forks and it seemed bouncy but also my old XR7 72 seemed to ride a little cushier and i am wondering how much of that is the air tires on the older mower compared to the solid tires.

I do not want to buy flex forks unless I have to,my 72 XR7 rides fine without them and one person I talked to told me stock the old XR7 models were cushier than his newer Super mower is this true?

You know something else Puppy the new Super has a strong enough drive to where you can put 26's on it and get around 8% more mowing speed.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No problem.

I have been lurking on the site for months, soaking up everything I could before pulling the trigger on a mower. Finally settled on a Super Z 60 with the FX850 Kaw in it. The dealer made me a great offer and with 0% for 48 I went for it.

I just use it to mow the yard and around half of my pasture. Much faster than a Kubota tractor with a brushhog. Does very well in tall grass I was impressed.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Oh yaa one thing I think I kinda noticed about the new one when I demoed it. I tried a 60 with flex forks and it seemed bouncy but also my old XR7 72 seemed to ride a little cushier and i am wondering how much of that is the air tires on the older mower compared to the solid tires.

I do not want to buy flex forks unless I have to,my 72 XR7 rides fine without them and one person I talked to told me stock the old XR7 models were cushier than his newer Super mower is this true?

You know something else Puppy the new Super has a strong enough drive to where you can put 26's on it and get around 8% more mowing speed.
The flex forks of course make the mower ride much better, but you also must get use to the fact it will dip if slowing extremely fast. I've run flex forks since they came into existence, my dealer had one set come to him when they first began production, and I bought them when they came through the door to his dealership. I am very aware of how the flex forks will react, meaning I'm long passed the learning curve, and would not be without them, especially with the run-flat tires on this new mower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Mr Pupster could you please give me your vedict on the new mower compared to the old 66 as in how well does it pull hills while mowing and just how tall grass can it cut without bogging and your overall professional opinion.

A dealer down south from me will sell me one for 12 out the door + 0 for 48 months and I am kinda tempted because I love lawn mowers! thanks.
The new mowers hydraulic system is the best ever used in a ztr. It pulls with much less effort than the old style hydraulic system. I realize the engine being more powerful helps somewhat, but you can tell a difference on the positive side for the new machine, but you should with an industrial hydraulic system, one like in no other ztr manufactured offers. No company in their right mind would put a 3000 hr., or 5 yr. time period warranty (which ever comes first) on a ztr without knowing it is totally failure proof.

My old Super Z always had an extremely smooth hydraulic system, and since I replaced both pumps and wheel motors, it is as smooth as ever. My dealer and his mechanics have always said that I got one of best operating Super Z's they had come through their dealership. He made the statement, that no matter what you buy, occasionally you get one that seems a little ahead of the rest, and that was my mower. The new machine is larger, but operates equally as smooth, only a little tighter feeling than the old machine.

The cut of my XR-7 has always been more than satisfactory to me, and the cut of this VX4 is what appears to me just as good. When I can run full speed, and on the next pass do not see anything standing that concerns me, that's all I can ask of any mower deck.

I will say this, the new 72" I demoed did not cut nearly as good as the one I now own, and how that is possible is beyond me, I would love for someone to give their opinion.

I just got off the big mower to get a snack, I am now going to run it a couple hrs. more.

Last edited by puppypaws; 10-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The flex forks of course make the mower ride much better, but you also must get use to the fact it will dip if slowing extremely fast. I've run flex forks since they came into existence, my dealer had one set come to him when they first began production, and I bought them when they came through the door to his dealership. I am very aware of how the flex forks will react, meaning I'm long passed the learning curve, and would not be without them, especially with the run-flat tires on this new mower.

The new mowers hydraulic system is the best ever used in a ztr. It pulls with much less effort than the old style hydraulic system. I realize the engine being more powerful helps somewhat, but you can tell a difference on the positive side for the new machine, but you should with an industrial hydraulic system, one like in no other ztr manufactured offers. No company in their right mind would put a 3000 hr., or 5 yr. time period warranty (which ever comes first) on a ztr without knowing it is totally failure proof.

My old Super Z always had an extremely smooth hydraulic system, and since I replaced both pumps and wheel motors, it is as smooth as ever. My dealer and his mechanics have always said that I got one of best operating Super Z's they had come through their dealership. He made the statement, that no matter what you buy, occasionally you get one that seems a little ahead of the rest, and that was my mower. The new machine is larger, but operates equally as smooth, only a little tighter feeling than the old machine.

The cut of my XR-7 has always been more than satisfactory to me, and the cut of this VX4 is what appears to me just as good. When I can run full speed, and on the next pass do not see anything standing that concerns me, that's all I can ask of any mower deck.

I will say this, the new 72" I demoed did not cut nearly as good as the one I now own, and how that is possible is beyond me, I would love for someone to give their opinion.

I just got off the big mower to get a snack, I am now going to run it a couple hrs. more.
Yaa the newer hydro's are real responsive and a little tighter and touchier, I did not care for the dive on the flex forks as I noticed it, from what you are sayIng I am probably better off throwing a BB briggs ? on my 72 and just running it in the ground.

A new Super would be nice but mine only has 550 hours on it and the work load is not there to justify dropping 12 grand but there is no fee for 48 months so it is tempting.

Thanks Mr. Pupster.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I am 63 yrs. old, so I am very educated on what is tolerable and what is not when mowing. The heavier Super Z with its now extended wheel base, and the added flex forks make the mower ride extremely well at its fast mowing speeds. If it did not, you can bet a 63 yr. old body could not take it.

I could not run a 10 mph machine, the specs. state 10 mph., but in reality, by the time the PTO is running, and the grass drag while mowing comes into play, you will be lucky if cutting at 8.5 mph. This becomes very tedious when crawling around at that slow of a speed.
The Flex Forks are Awesome! Surprised more guys don't run them. The amount of rain dictates how fast I can mow more than anything. Time is money in our business, I feel the need for Speed! :-)