Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What program are you using where you can close on the phone? Igolawn? How do you measure the property and close the sale over the phone in that short of time?

I would love to be able to do this myself.

Dave...
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
What program are you using where you can close on the phone? Igolawn? How do you measure the property and close the sale over the phone in that short of time?

Dave...
I assume you guys are looking up the property and calling the customer back. I didn't think about that when I posted the other post.

But since neither of you posted an answer I assume its a trade secret. I don't like to waste my time running on estimates for fertilizer and weed control customers but I do like to see the lawn and know what I'm getting into.

But like you I want to eliminate wasted time and the cost associated with running on estimates for price shoppers.

Dave...
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ill send you a pm
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My company profile and sales process is if you have money? I want it.

If you have money?

I'll spray your garage floor with weed control.

I don't give a fart about anything else.

Period.

I estimate on the phone, computer, and yes....in person too!

In 7 years in business I have not turned down one estimate or not completed one estimate thats in my service area.

And I never plan too.

I have lawns that range in size from 300 sq feet to 37 acres. Turf that a dog wouldn't crap on for fear of catching something, and turf that Jesus would be proud to own.

This is the business we are in.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post

Dave...
www.findlotsize.com It's free.

Learn to use it and when someone calls for an estimate give them pricing over the phone.

Tell them you will do an evaluation at the first visit but get past history of the lawn. Ask them if they have used a lawn service in the past. (this tells you a ton because if they have they know how this works and what they want...usually)

Befriend the person. Be nice. LISTEN, but ask the right questions.

I've closed a ton of sales over the phone at the first phone call. I've had people send me pre payment checks for a thousand dollars without ever going to their home, or ever meeting them.

I've closed thousand dollar accounts on the phone in less than five minutes.

It's pretty cool and efficient as hell.

You burn yourself a little now and then but the savings overall are sound.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Sponsor

leads who dont fit your profile or sales process

I would use the AccuLawn System at Acculawnsystems.com. If they do not fit the business model you have designed then they don't click to contract. It is that simple. You don't waste time on these types of situations because you set the standard from the beginning. See what the homeowner sees at www.acculawncare.com.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acculawnsystems View Post
I would use the AccuLawn System at Acculawnsystems.com. If they do not fit the business model you have designed then they don't click to contract. It is that simple. You don't waste time on these types of situations because you set the standard from the beginning. See what the homeowner sees at www.acculawncare.com.
Cant agree here. Your system is a mathematical equation based on percentages of lot sizes. We used something similar in house before I had the man and financial resources to make the change to our system now. We have been burned before for lawns that dont fit the 'model' that you or I developed. With our new processes, we are now accurate to the nearest hundred and thats more than accurate enough for us.

Definitely agree with Cadzilla. Its a trip getting a prepayment amount for people youve never even met and just closed on the phone. We have closed hundreds of new accounts this year and have only met with 5 or so of them in person. Most of the time, we decline their work if we need to meet in person. In fact, had one elderly man get upset I wouldnt meet with him and ended up calling me arrogant. I told him when you are good, you can be that way. He called back a couple days later and signed on for a full program.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you all for your replies. It is much appreciated.

Dave...