Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You 2 do realize that fuel and food are not included when determining the rate of inflation?

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
You 2 do realize that fuel and food are not included when determining the rate of inflation?
You left out clothing as well.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-05-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy reduce your consumption. Went to England a Scotland a while ago, after paying their prices for a couple of weeks US seems cheap.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydebusa View Post
Easy reduce your consumption. Went to England a Scotland a while ago, after paying their prices for a couple of weeks US seems cheap.
I was there 3 weeks ago for the APF show and diesel was only $9.00 per gal.
The biggest difference most of that fuel cost is in Taxes to pay for their welfare state.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlitman View Post
Clearly you have no idea about how economics or government work, or the state of the economy. The rate of inflation for the US Dollar is incredibly low right now, and its change in value has just about nothing to do with the cost of fuel.
Printing money isn't our issue. Now go back in your cave, and keep hoarding gold.
Are you aware of qe3?

Oil is traded in dollars and when the dollar value decreases, it takes more dollars to buy the same oil.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydebusa View Post
The more fuel my co burns, the more money we make. More crews=more fuel=more man hours= more money for me.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

California is paying far more than everyone else... I wonder why?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
California is paying far more than everyone else... I wonder why?
Well that's simple...................They thought by electing an actor again, he could save the state like the other former actor\ governor became the president did.

Instead, we got a stogie smoking man when exhaling, instead of coming out of his mouth, it can out from his rectum.

Honestly, though to get back on subject, current gas price hike in CA has nothing to do with the world oil price or what oil is selling for. It has more to do with these idiots here will only allow a limited amount of refining capability and we have our own special blend. I believe we only have 9 refineries for the most populated state in the union. They of course, we're in the middle of switching from summer to winter blend.....Oh the refineries have to get state permission to release the winter blend early......come on.....kill a fish, grizzly or something. All I want for Christmas is my $2 a gallon gas. Not asking much
Old 10-06-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
The more fuel my co burns, the more money we make. More crews=more fuel=more man hours= more money for me.
Hope your not doing your projected profit by fuel cost!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post
Well that's simple...................They thought by electing an actor again, he could save the state like the other former actor\ governor became the president did.

Instead, we got a stogie smoking man when exhaling, instead of coming out of his mouth, it can out from his rectum.

Honestly, though to get back on subject, current gas price hike in CA has nothing to do with the world oil price or what oil is selling for. It has more to do with these idiots here will only allow a limited amount of refining capability and we have our own special blend. I believe we only have 9 refineries for the most populated state in the union. They of course, we're in the middle of switching from summer to winter blend.....Oh the refineries have to get state permission to release the winter blend early......come on.....kill a fish, grizzly or something. All I want for Christmas is my $2 a gallon gas. Not asking much
California often thinks they can command markets too and it often cost them more rather than setting the standard.