Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BTW-
if you want plenty of power in the lightest package out right now, get a Husqvarna 223L or 323L (9lbs). The223 has more than enough power for all but the worst scenarios, and the 323 is the same power as the FS90. I own a 223L and an FS90R, and the 90 mhas become either my full tiime stick edger, or on occasion my pole saw when needed.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I use fs90r's and they work great for me. I have never adjusted the valves and never really needed to. I don't have much experience with the other brands but if you're set on stihl, the 90r is a great investment and a big upgrade from the TB.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
I think hes in Canada and the price is in Canadian dollars
yup im in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
I just bought a new Echo SRM 225. It is lighter than the Stihl, and it is a real 2 stroke, with no valves to ever have to adjust. Great trimmer....Oh, and it is only $219 USD.
i just checked out the echo website, and i believe its about 1lb lighter than the fs 90r. it costs around $300 up here in canada. im not too worried about the valve adjusting on the fs 90r as i own a yzf250 that i adjust valves on. stihl has a little kit you can buy for around $30 to adjust them yourself which is what i would end up doing if i decided to get the fs 90r. is the 225 quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
BTW-
if you want plenty of power in the lightest package out right now, get a Husqvarna 223L or 323L (9lbs). The223 has more than enough power for all but the worst scenarios, and the 323 is the same power as the FS90. I own a 223L and an FS90R, and the 90 mhas become either my full tiime stick edger, or on occasion my pole saw when needed.
so do you have the stihl kombi, or is there attachments you can bolt on to the end of the 90?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Scapes View Post
I use fs90r's and they work great for me. I have never adjusted the valves and never really needed to. I don't have much experience with the other brands but if you're set on stihl, the 90r is a great investment and a big upgrade from the TB.
i've always been a stihl fan. i guess because when my dad had his rental business, thats all he sold....and thats pretty much all i serviced.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
yup im in canada

i just checked out the echo website, and i believe its about 1lb lighter than the fs 90r. it costs around $300 up here in canada. im not too worried about the valve adjusting on the fs 90r as i own a yzf250 that i adjust valves on. stihl has a little kit you can buy for around $30 to adjust them yourself which is what i would end up doing if i decided to get the fs 90r. is the 225 quiet?

so do you have the stihl kombi, or is there attachments you can bolt on to the end of the 90?
I have the FS90R. It isn't the kombi unit. It only takes a few moments longer to swap heads with the regular 90 than it does on the kombi units once you get used to doing it. You can use any head on the regular unit that you can on the kombi, with the exception of the curved edger attachment.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

do any of you guys have stihl BP blowers? if so, what model and how do find they perform?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have the FS90R. It isn't the kombi unit. It only takes a few moments longer to swap heads with the regular 90 than it does on the kombi units once you get used to doing it. You can use any head on the regular unit that you can on the kombi, with the exception of the curved edger attachment.
i didnt think it was the kombi unit, but wasnt sure. the dealer said i could put a blade attachment on it, but dont need that. so can you get a straight edger for it?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
i didnt think it was the kombi unit, but wasnt sure. the dealer said i could put a blade attachment on it, but dont need that. so can you get a straight edger for it?
Yes. I just realized I don't have any pics of mine, but that's the way it's been all year. My FS90 looks just exactly like the FC95 with the edger attachment on it.

I do have a BR600M, and it is an excellent blower. However, I much prefer my Husky 570 BTS. To me, it is much more comfortable, and definitely has more performance. The 600 is much better on fuel though, and very light. They start easily too.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yes. I just realized I don't have any pics of mine, but that's the way it's been all year. My FS90 looks just exactly like the FC95 with the edger attachment on it.

I do have a BR600M, and it is an excellent blower. However, I much prefer my Husky 570 BTS. To me, it is much more comfortable, and definitely has more performance. The 600 is much better on fuel though, and very light. They start easily too.
ok thanks for the info and help!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have the money and the need for other attachments go ahead and get the KM130. It is only .2 lbs heavier than the KM90 and as much power as you will ever need. Maybe pick up a couple of attachments as well and get a better deal from you dealer. The BR600M is one of the best blowers out there even though it doesn't have the most cfm.
Trac vac loaders and bagger
Billygoat 1302sp blower
Stihl handhelds
2003 GMC C4500 14ft dump
1998 Chevy 1500 Z71 with 8ft EZ dumper
2003 GMC W3500 18ft box cabover
6.5x12 landscape trailer
Jrco leaf plow
Part time for now and solo for now.
Third year!