Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you tell if you're cavitating? Remember that if I'm standing at the top of the well, I'm 120 feet away from the pump. Identifying cavitation in the booster pump is easy. And if I destroy the booster, it's no big deal -- it was a free pump, and I revert to the old way. Would like to keep my well pump healthy and happy however.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Typically, I install booster pumps with a downstream gate valve to control the pressure and flow. You know your well can supply 8GPM and you're getting 5GPM at the trees. Install the booster with a gate valve and close the valve until you're getting 8GPM. That will keep it from overdrawing the supply and causing problems with the well pump and give you full capacity in the trees.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

call your local well company and ask him about the grundofos constant pressure system . it is a replacement pump and inside tank . find out what your well is capable of producing . As water demand increases , so does the speed of the pump . I have customers whos systems would run 4 rotors just OK on the regular pump , when they converted to the constant pressure I could run 3 zones at once ( 12 heads ) .