Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Hangin at Universal this weekend. Sweatin by the pool and its almost 90. Nature threw her calender in the crapper this year. EOW maybe by December if this keeps up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Blasphemy! Don't say that....I don't know what I would do with myself.....
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Correction, I only had 3/4 of rain last night.
2.25 here, water in all the retention areas on the commercials this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Hangin at Universal this weekend. Sweatin by the pool and its almost 90. Nature threw her calender in the crapper this year. EOW maybe by December if this keeps up.
Posted via Mobile Device
I remember a year, I think 94 or 95, that we were mowing some accounts weekly into December, wet and warm.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
2.25 here, water in all the retention areas on the commercials this morning.

I remember a year, I think 94 or 95, that we were mowing some accounts weekly into December, wet and warm.
I believe is was 1994. I was living in Boca Grande and we ended up having 3 freezes between the last week of February and the first two weeks of March. BTW Our No Freeze date is March 15th. Because the winter was so warm and Boca Grande being a Island with a Micro Climate, Plant devastation was huge. It took 2 years for many of the tropical plants to make a come back. Many didn't come back and had to be replanted.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I believe is was 1994. I was living in Boca Grande and we ended up having 3 freezes between the last week of February and the first two weeks of March. BTW Our No Freeze date is March 15th. Because the winter was so warm and Boca Grande being a Island with a Micro Climate, Plant devastation was huge. It took 2 years for many of the tropical plants to make a come back. Many didn't come back and had to be replanted.

That's what happened 3 winters ago here. Hot till mid December, then bam...2 freezes, 3 frosts or something like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
That's what happened 3 winters ago here. Hot till mid December, then bam...2 freezes, 3 frosts or something like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Talk about Al Gore's global warming we have had hard freezes for the last 3 years in a in a row. Before that, there was a freeze every 3 years or so and then not many Hard freezes.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Talk about Al Gore's global warming we have had hard freezes for the last 3 years in a in a row. Before that, there was a freeze every 3 years or so and then not many Hard freezes.

I seem to remember the early-mid 90's having some very cold winters. I also remember a lot of winters where it wasn't 30's/low 40's, but very consistent temps in the mid 40's-mid 50's. Seems like the last 2 winters had very few cold days....again, this is south florida, so our winters will obviously look very different.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think we only had a 31F reading one or two nights last winter. Very little damage from frost either.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think we only had a 31F reading one or two nights last winter. Very little damage from frost either.
You must live is a special Climate pocket near the coast to have missed the last 3 years of hard freezes that we had in S.W. Fla. I am not saying there aren't Micro Climates in Florida. Tampa Bay area is a Micro climate because of the Bay that keeps it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. You can grow coconut trees in St Pete but they won't survive the winter 50 miles south in inland Sarasota County.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I live 30 miles north of Orlando. We had freezes just like everyone else in '10 and '11. Especially 2010. But nothing Dec 11- Feb 12. I remember posting something in January about the five days of winter being over. It tickled 32 degrees a few times, but never really got much below it. I covered plants numerous times for nothing.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I live 30 miles north of Orlando. We had freezes just like everyone else in '10 and '11. Especially 2010. But nothing Dec 11- Feb 12. I remember posting something in January about the five days of winter being over. It tickled 32 degrees a few times, but never really got much below it. I covered plants numerous times for nothing.
Yep, I flew out of state last year when the cold finally set in, by the time I returned 6 days later everything was still slightly brown but was starting to recover very well the next week. I was hoping for a harder freeze this year. People seem to be spending again...with a freeze that would mean lots of new installs after us having some easy weeks of course

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!