Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Only things I don't like about the new ones are the smaller fuel tanks and the boxed in rear discharge corner of the deck.

It is by far the best, strongest built ZTR on the market. They were very close with the XR-7 era. They fixed what was wrong, but then went backwards with the fuel tanks.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-07-2012, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
There is nothing special about a SuperZ that makes them ride rough. A frame is a frame, and tires and in his case, flex forks are the suspension.
some designs at speed ride better than others,take like my old Exmark and Turf Tiger they rode rough. The non air tires are alot of it?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What really stinks is almost all properties in NH are like the ones in the videos. I would love to feel what 15mph feels like on a mower!! It must be a rush!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Only things I don't like about the new ones are the smaller fuel tanks and the boxed in rear discharge corner of the deck.

It is by far the best, strongest built ZTR on the market. They were very close with the XR-7 era. They fixed what was wrong, but then went backwards with the fuel tanks.
Every dealer has told me the same, that it is by far the finest Z on the market build wise. I wonder why they are trying to blow them out now?, I wonder if the 2013 will be fuel injected? oh and I do not like the added weight for doing steep grades that is not good.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use the speed on only a handful of properties. Mainly to zip from backyard to front, or to go from trailer to grass. That being said, on past demo's of slower mowers, I found myself bottoming the sticks out on the stops and wanting more speed.

Also, the latest generation of flex forks are definitely stiffer then Version 1.0 of the 2006 era. With the machines being heavier themselves, I guess it was mandatory. My biggest complaint with the older versions were the crop circles from them being too bouncy when coming to a stop. Now they're perfect, and if Hustler ever decides to offer EFI and bigger fuel tanks, I would most definitely go with the flex-forks.
Perma-green Magnum
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-07-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I use the speed on only a handful of properties. Mainly to zip from backyard to front, or to go from trailer to grass. That being said, on past demo's of slower mowers, I found myself bottoming the sticks out on the stops and wanting more speed.

Also, the latest generation of flex forks are definitely stiffer then Version 1.0 of the 2006 era. With the machines being heavier themselves, I guess it was mandatory. My biggest complaint with the older versions were the crop circles from them being too bouncy when coming to a stop. Now they're perfect, and if Hustler ever decides to offer EFI and bigger fuel tanks, I would most definitely go with the flex-forks.
yaa that big 37 would be alot better with EFI,fuel savings alone would be thousands over the life of the mower.

How much in speculation do you think a BB would help the XR7 mowers?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The extra weight is welcomed by me for hills. Hills and extra weight where you need it are your best friends!

They likely over produced. This economy has forced many (including myself), to patch and nurse older equipment. In the past, I'd be 2 years into a new mower already! I'm closing up it's 6th season. Next year will break my record for keeping a mower 7 years.
Perma-green Magnum
Solo since 1980
Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A BB would help, but I'd be concerned about my fragile hydro system. I cant trust it with a weak low torque 28EFI!
Perma-green Magnum
Solo since 1980
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I watched all the videos. IMO, one thing that would help would be to stiffen up the suspension seat a bit. It appears to be set very soft to help the ride, but what it is actually doing is bouncing and bucking in reaction to every single bump, large or small. Make the seats suspension have to soak up some of the bump before it starts moving/flexing. Make sure your air gauge is working correctly, because to me it also looks like the rears are still over-inflated like they come from the factory for shipping purposes.

Last. Just because it is a stout machine with suspension seat and flex forks, and is supposed to go 15 MPH, doesn't meant that all that will automatically make it ride smoother than everything else out there. Rough ground is rough ground no matter what your one, and even the best suspension system out right now will still buck some.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The extra weight is welcomed by me for hills. Hills and extra weight where you need it are your best friends!

They likely over produced. This economy has forced many (including myself), to patch and nurse older equipment. In the past, I'd be 2 years into a new mower already! I'm closing up it's 6th season. Next year will break my record for keeping a mower 7 years.
No you are right about the economy,that is the only reason I have not gotten a new Z. Yaa a BB might be to much for the XR7 drive.

What is the deal about getting a break if you have a government contract when buying a hustler?
Closed Thread