Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my 60" at the open house this year.
They had some kind of promotion gas or flex forks I think, I chose the forks.
Also, if you have a government contract you can get a special price.
I thought it would have been the same as that list but mine was a lot cheaper.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrell View Post
I bought my 60" at the open house this year.
They had some kind of promotion gas or flex forks I think, I chose the forks.
Also, if you have a government contract you can get a special price.
I thought it would have been the same as that list but mine was a lot cheaper.
what do you think of it?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I gave $10.6 (total out the door) for mine with the flex forks installed. I would never pay for anything up front when a bank will give me 0% interest, and no payment until April. Why would anyone in their right mind use their money when you can use the banks at a one time only 2% of total cost up front.
Hey Puppy I have an idea for you, there is a guy selling 26 X 12's that are new on ebay. They are for Hustler with Hustler rims of off the diesels.

He wants a 100 $ for each one,you could put those on your new Super. it would pull them with no problem and give you 8 percent or so more speed. If you did that and put the 15's on front that would be awesome and may ride and grip a good bit better. It would definitely look way cooler.

We could call it the Puppy Super Duper Z, it could be awesome and you would have the only one. What go you think.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Hey Puppy I have an idea for you, there is a guy selling 26 X 12's that are new on ebay. They are for Hustler with Hustler rims of off the diesels.

He wants a 100 $ for each one,you could put those on your new Super. it would pull them with no problem and give you 8 percent or so more speed. If you did that and put the 15's on front that would be awesome and may ride and grip a good bit better. It would definitely look way cooler.

We could call it the Puppy Super Duper Z, it could be awesome and you would have the only one. What go you think.
Right now, I would change nothing about the mower except for adding fuel injection if it was offered. The mower is doing an excellent job in all categories.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Right now, I would change nothing about the mower except for adding fuel injection if it was offered. The mower is doing an excellent job in all categories.
Come on Pupster you could set a record on getting your property done quicker,do you think the hydro's would swing the 26's with no problem? It would look cooler for sure.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I second what PP originally stated. I haven't spent any time on the VX4 buy my SZ standard deck and my XR7 can cut fast even in this thick northern fescue and leave a pool table type surface. I have a few accounts in HOAs at the entrances and common areas that aren't as thick and aren't irrigated and I can and do run full stick. The flex forks have a few negatives till you get use to them and my 66" XR7 with extra baffles and roller/striper is stupid heavy to float (wife can't do it). But they're productive units cutting. They ride nice due to good balance, with the longer wheel base, low center of gravity, and flex forks. Exmarks, Gravelys, etc. are compact machines but suffer when it comes to ride. If you took the seats off my SZ and my 460 the SZ would ride better and would leave a smoother cut. I'm actually considering trying to install flex forks on my 460. My real problem with my SZ is with the clippings on the manicured lawns. Yea I can fly and save time but the grass is covered in a blanket of clippings. In some cases the time I saved is burned up blowing clippings around with my blower.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
I second what PP originally stated. I haven't spent any time on the VX4 buy my SZ standard deck and my XR7 can cut fast even in this thick northern fescue and leave a pool table type surface. I have a few accounts in HOAs at the entrances and common areas that aren't as thick and aren't irrigated and I can and do run full stick. The flex forks have a few negatives till you get use to them and my 66" XR7 with extra baffles and roller/striper is stupid heavy to float (wife can't do it). But they're productive units cutting. They ride nice due to good balance, with the longer wheel base, low center of gravity, and flex forks. Exmarks, Gravelys, etc. are compact machines but suffer when it comes to ride. If you took the seats off my SZ and my 460 the SZ would ride better and would leave a smoother cut. I'm actually considering trying to install flex forks on my 460. My real problem with my SZ is with the clippings on the manicured lawns. Yea I can fly and save time but the grass is covered in a blanket of clippings. In some cases the time I saved is burned up blowing clippings around with my blower.
I thought the 460 was a better ride than a Hustler? that 460 sure is compact. I am to tall for a 460 but thay are nice.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Have a look at the mods done to this machine. I think they've up'd the speed as well.
http://youtu.be/aPYKUr9vC8g
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Have a look at the mods done to this machine. I think they've up'd the speed as well.
http://youtu.be/aPYKUr9vC8g
That machine had the Pupster written all over it, that one looked like it would go 30 MPH. I wonder how they did that, the new drive should produce more speed with no problem.

In all seriousness you could buy the 26's off ebay stick them on there and try them and just sell them if you do not like it.

It seems like Hustler would have put bigger wheels on the new mower, my 72 needs them for sure for what I do for more grip but the girly drive would not be up to it.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I agree the new hydros should be able to turn them no worries but with the higher back end means more pitch to the deck to level. That means greater angle on the pulleys and belt.
Heres a pic of an 08 SZ with larger tires. I found out later the dealer didnt do a thing to the deck. Machine was for home use only so the hydro are probably ok (who knows for sure though), but can you imagine the pitch on the deck?
Wont let me upload the pic again so check out this old thread... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243027