Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
I have seen this damage due to the vapor from chlorine from pools. I have not seen it for everyone of my accounts but I have seen it. There are many other factors that are in play with this issue as well. My suggestion was not the only cause for the spots on the turf, try reading some or all of the other post before you decide to pass judgement on one reply.
easy-lift guy
i am not trying tp pass judgement. just show me the facts where this has ever happened. If chlorine was that strong every woman that was in that pool with dyed hair would be pink, (or green) all the bathing suits would fall apart. enough bad information is passed on the internet. show me proof and i will say im sorry. till then. aint no way.
if it is fact like i said before since people load chlorine up in a pool all the time this would be a common complaint. I was a pool owner for 27 years and never had it happen here in florida.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post
i am not trying tp pass judgement. just show me the facts where this has ever happened. If chlorine was that strong every woman that was in that pool with dyed hair would be pink, (or green) all the bathing suits would fall apart. enough bad information is passed on the internet. show me proof and i will say im sorry. till then. aint no way.
No need to apologize and I actually have no way of showing you since the palm in question at my customers place died long ago and the customer is as well. TBH, I don't really care so much since you have to be shown and that is not going to happen.
easy-lift guy

if it is fact like i said before since people load chlorine up in a pool all the time this would be a common complaint. I was a pool owner for 27 years and never had it happen here in florida.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't normally answer these WHAT'S WRONG Picture because I am not great with Picture. I like to hear and smell the area as well. But I have to agree with the_bug_guy. Chlorine isn't dripping off the palm trees and if it were The Palm Fronds would be dead also.

The acreas Add both a privacy factor and shady to a very weak turf area. plus I might be seeing a low spot in front of all the Palms as they line the fence. It is possible the turf was drown with all the Rain this year. That low strip could be holding enough water to inhibit Oxygen up take by the roots.

I am not saying I am 100% correct with my Dianosis. But I am darn sure Easily Lift is off base on this one.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fun fact. Chlorine is a NATURALLY occurring substance. It is actually a trace element NUTRIENT for plants. That's a fact. Chlorine vapors do not collect and condense. The only time I have ever had chlorine damage was if I got careless and spilled the concentrated mix on the ground. Even then a simple wash down with fresh water prevented any burn. Pressure washing injectors use a very small amount for cleaning. Again a final rinse with fresh water eliminates any problems. This is a disease or insect problem nothing more. Telling a customer this chlorine theory is doing a disservice.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Sponsor

I was responding to what I believed was a problem caused by chlorine vapor produced by a near by pool. I did not tell the OP's customer what I believed his problem was. I stand by my original opinion and what I told my customer in the past. Since you were not actually at the property in question to examin the soil for insect activity or turf for disease
I will not accuse you of a disservice to the OP's customer.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I stated facts. I don't see where I mentioned names.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

When all else fails....blame the pool guy!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

POOL PROBLEM TO WATCH FOR

Chlorine vapor causing problems seem very unlikely to me and after 20 years in the Green Industry I have never seen any chlorine vapor damage.

However POOL OVER FLOW can cause problems in the rain season. Pool Over has both Chlorine and Acid. Symptoms are thinning turf with a Orange hue on the Blades of the Grass. Once you realize what you are seeing it will be an automatic diagnosis the next time.

Best Cure for a Bad Pool Over Flow Problem is a French Drain connected to the Pool Over Flow outlet.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you checked for ground pearl? I know that empire zosia is showing some resistance, however, not completely. Is ground pearl a problem in your area?