Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

customer for next year

While I was cutting last week where I stop to do 3 houses, I had a lady (turns out to be a friend of an existing client on the same street) come up and ask me for quote. So I give her my price, and shes fine with it. She then proceeds to tell me all the work she wants done on top of weekly maintenance, aerating, fertilizing, topdressing etc. So, her house is 4 houses down the street from the other 3 i do and I always see the company she has now cutting while im cutting. I asked her why she wants to have me maintain her property and not the other company. She said she wants somebody local, then tells me she was with that company for 14yrs! WTF? and she wants me? Now, i've been mowing along side this other company for a few years now, and see them almost every week. Is this ok to take on this new customer since she came up to me? I dont want to step on anyones toes! The other thing is, they do have another customer on the same street and I will still have to see them. I think they'll probably be a little pi$$ed once they see me cutting an ex-client of theirs. Have any of you experienced something like this? What are your thoughts?