Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I agree the new hydros should be able to turn them no worries but with the higher back end means more pitch to the deck to level. That means greater angle on the pulleys and belt.
Heres a pic of an 08 SZ with larger tires. I found out later the dealer didnt do a thing to the deck. Machine was for home use only so the hydro are probably ok (who knows for sure though), but can you imagine the pitch on the deck?
Wont let me upload the pic again so check out this old thread... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243027
You would run 15's on the front like gravely to offset the pitch,the new Super should come with bigger tire n wheels and it should ride smoother with them, a 60 24's are ok but for a 72 it is unacceptable. Exmark was running 26's at one time.

My72 slides around to much because the weight of the machine over powers the traction available.

Hopefully somebody will see this and buy the 26's on Ebay and give a report on how it works.

I would buy a new Super right now at the great deals being offered but I cannot justfy it at all with the amount if work I cut at the momment. I have some 26's on my exmark out back but will not bother putting them on my 72 because the girly drive XR7 model I own. It really should make these mowers work a good bot better.

Thanks for your post's, they are enlightning. The clown operating the Super in the videos looks like he bought the mower to play with rather than cut grass. I love the way the people in the video were clapping for a idiot running a mower on the road, looked like a Jerry's kids convention.

Last edited by Realslowww; 10-08-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
You would run 15's on the front like gravely to offset the pitch,the new Super should come with bigger tire n wheels and it should ride smoother with them, a 60 24's are ok but for a 72 it is unacceptable. Exmark was running 26's at one time.

My72 slides around to much because the weight of the machine over powers the traction available.

Hopefully somebody will see this and buy the 26's on Ebay and give a report on how it works.

I would buy a new Super right now at the great deals being offered but I cannot justfy it at all with the amount if work I cut at the momment. I have some 26's on my exmark out back but will not bother putting them on my 72 because the girly drive XR7 model I own. It really should make these mowers work a good bot better.

Thanks for your post's, they are enlightning. The clown operating the Super in the videos looks like he bought the mower to play with rather than cut grass. I love the way the people in the video were clapping for a idiot running a mower on the road, looked like a Jerry's kids convention.
Haaaaa, man, thats harsh! It was for a charity! http://www.rotaryrideforareason.com.au/index.htm

You should try the AT101's. Heaps better traction and once your used to them dont tear turf as much as you might think.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks........
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
what do you think of it?
I really love this machine. I'm going to buy more in the future.
The dealer I have is absolutely great and that makes a big difference.
The only things that come to mind that are minor problems are getting used to the fixed front axle, getting stuck 3 times coming off curbs so far and the flaking paint on the deck.
When I used to roll out of a ditch with my Lesco Z2, both wheels were on the ground and with all the power of this new machine it would rear up so I had to build some confidence. Also, the first time I had it out, I pushed the handles forward just like I did with my Z2 and the front wheels came up.
This contributed to the fear when coming out of a ditch.
I've gotten stuck on curbs 3 times so far, I think the frame is lower in the back than my other Z.
I take deliberate action to angle the approach more than I used to to avoid this.
And of course, buying a machine this expensive and having the paint flake off the deck is disturbing.
If you want to know how I feel about this machine, look in the testimonials section of my dealers website.
http://www.danvalleytractor.com/

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no way in hell the Super is a match for a Z2, is it the Envy limited edition Z2 with a cluster of Saturn V engines for cosmos exploration?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrell View Post
The only things that come to mind that are minor problems are getting used to the fixed front axle, getting stuck 3 times coming off curbs so far and the flaking paint on the deck.
When I used to roll out of a ditch with my Lesco Z2, both wheels were on the ground and with all the power of this new machine it would rear up so I had to build some confidence. Also, the first time I had it out, I pushed the handles forward just like I did with my Z2 and the front wheels came up.
I've gotten stuck on curbs 3 times so far, I think the frame is lower in the back than my other Z.
I take deliberate action to angle the approach more than I used to to avoid this.
And of course, buying a machine this expensive and having the paint flake off the deck is disturbing.
If you want to know how I feel about this machine, look in the testimonials section of my dealers website.
If your dealer is as you said, and I feel assured he is, then what is being done about the paint problem? Hustler needs to be the one handling the repair problem.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
WOW....talkin' about an aggressive tread design....that thing looks like it should have a turning plow behind it! Lookin' good!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
There is no way in hell the Super is a match for a Z2, is it the Envy limited edition Z2 with a cluster of Saturn V engines for cosmos exploration?
Just what is your frigging problem?
That's at least the second time you posted that exact same thing.
There's no need for that kind of stuff around here.
Usually it's 15 year old kids we have problems with not grown men.
OK we get it, you don't care for Lesco. Move on.
btw-I do carry on but, it's on appropriate websites like bannedcr500riders.com where I can pretty much say what I want but this is a grown up BUSINESS web forum and trolls are not wanted.

For the others, I'm in contact with Brian at Hustler and it is being taken care of.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Just what is your frigging problem?
That's at least the second time you posted that exact same thing.
There's no need for that kind of stuff around here.
Usually it's 15 year old kids we have problems with not grown men.
OK we get it, you don't care for Lesco. Move on.
btw-I do carry on but, it's on appropriate websites like bannedcr500riders.com where I can pretty much say what I want but this is a grown up BUSINESS web forum and trolls are not wanted.

For the others, I'm in contact with Brian at Hustler and it is being taken care of.
Tharrell, work is slow for him, so he makes these cute little remarks in an attempt to raise the confrontational side of whomever may show interest...you can read his post for a short period of time and pick up on the subtleties injected into his conversation; in attempt to get a get a rise from people that do not understand the character behind the keyboard. I answer the questions he ask that could have possible meaning to someone reading the thread. The questions he throws out that I see no relevance to helping anyone, I just disregard.

You can tell by your post he temped the confrontational part of your character, you will learn to read through the stir the pot remarks he throws out as bait to anyone that will bite.

You will notice he did not come back with an answer to the weight illustration I used when receiving my physics class.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Tharrell, work is slow for him, so he makes these cute little remarks in an attempt to raise the confrontational side of whomever may show interest...you can read his post for a short period of time and pick up on the subtleties injected into his conversation; in attempt to get a get a rise from people that do not understand the character behind the keyboard. I answer the questions he ask that could have possible meaning to someone reading the thread. The questions he throws out that I see no relevance to helping anyone, I just disregard.

You can tell by your post he temped the confrontational part of your character, you will learn to read through the stir the pot remarks he throws out as bait to anyone that will bite.

You will notice he did not come back with an answer to the weight illustration I used when receiving my physics class.
I agree with your assessment of him, but he did try to come back with that stuff, only he tried it in the other thread that the gentleman from down under has going on. He does the same thing about the difference between the old and new SZ, and between the 66" and 72". It seems to keep him entertained for some reason.