Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Member

no trust fund. ive just been saving every penny ive ever owned. from 4-H to FFA shows to welding and finding money
Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I wanted to stop in an say hello. I spend most of my time in the heavy equipment section but I'm not really a dirt pusher.

I'm just northwest of San Antonio. Been incorporated here since '97. I don't travel too far but mostly stay close to this area.
Anyway, howdy!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Light frost on the truck windows this morning up in my neck of the woods. Now if we could get some decent rain. Our avg in Sept is 4.49" and we received .23" the whole month so we are way behind.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

The Landscape Ninjas in Austin, Texas checking in. We are new to the industry. We have a master gardener on staff and have construction backgrounds. We are looking to partner with a experienced company in Austin to help us out with the larger or more complex jobs. Our site is thelandscapeninjas.com
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandscapeninjas View Post
The Landscape Ninjas in Austin, Texas checking in. We are new to the industry. We have a master gardener on staff and have construction backgrounds. We are looking to partner with a experienced company in Austin to help us out with the larger or more complex jobs. Our site is thelandscapeninjas.com
Welcome. You have way, way too much cut and paste info on your website. It's obvious your subcontracting out most if not all of your work. People usually do not want to see a person advertising flooring, counters, landscaping, cabinets, and all that stuff together. It makes you look silly when you put all that stuff together. Especially when you don't have a single picture of any work you have done. You need to ditch that website and fire the person who concocted that madness for you. Sorry for the harsh constructive criticism but your website needs a reality check.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandscapeninjas View Post
I almost forgot to mention that one of your generic cut and past webpages is in Latin I believe. I'll let you figure out which page I'm talking about. How can your over look generic material being in the wrong language? You had better concentrate of the basics before you try to take over the world with dozens of service offerings you likely have no track record in performing yourself.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hope this pans out. One of my customers just made a bunch of money from what it sounds like and is looking to do possibly $300K worth of yard improvements this winter. Part of it will be a lap pool for his kid (second pool) and some other work I coordinate but there could easily be $100K+ worth of landscaping and hardscaping. It's been a while since I had a client with a funny money project so I hope this deal works out!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Deer List

I'm working on a list of deer proof/resistant plants. I do a lot of work in areas with major deer issues. A lot of the deer lists you see are not very good. All deer repellants are a joke as well. I already have about 100 plants on my list and will post it on here once it's refined a little more. Others can post their plants to be added to the list and the rest of us can chime in on our experience with that particular plant.

Most landscapers use Nandina (not deer proof anymore), Yellow Lantana (hate this plant) , Rosemary, Salvia greggii, Dwarf Yaupons and not a lot else.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

What do you have for deer proof fall annual color? I have had good luck with Snapdragons and Dianthus. Last year when I put them in for one of my customers, the deer munched them down right off the bat but they ended up coming back and were left untouched. This year I put the black deer netting around them and I plan to take it off two weeks after planting. I saw another landscape outfit do that down the street with success. I had also previously tried Cyclamen and Petunias without any luck.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I'm working on a list of deer proof/resistant plants. I do a lot of work in areas with major deer issues. A lot of the deer lists you see are not very good. All deer repellants are a joke as well. I already have about 100 plants on my list and will post it on here once it's refined a little more. Others can post their plants to be added to the list and the rest of us can chime in on our experience with that particular plant.

Most landscapers use Nandina (not deer proof anymore), Yellow Lantana (hate this plant) , Rosemary, Salvia greggii, Dwarf Yaupons and not a lot else.
When I saw you at Far South, you metioned the Silver Ponyfoot as being deer resistant. It may work in Lakeway, but it doesn't work further out west. The deer ate mine within a few days and would follow up if anything tried to come back. Since then, I replaced it with Wooly Stemodia and the deer haven't touched it.