Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Ted,

SumaGreen is not a miracle product. It takes some time to work and is not meant to be a one time application. The first application should be at double rate or with about 1/8lb N for quicker visible results. After that it should be applied at 6 week interviews. Those who are using SumaGreen in conjunction with organic based ferts are seeing very good results.

This years results will be compiled this winter.
"132012" posted "I was just writing to say after the rainfall these past few days after another treatment of SumaGreen my lawns are 'BANGIN'. The difference in one week is crazy."

I have not seen any posts on Sumagreen in over 3 weeks so I thought I would finally chime in with hopes other posters would share their results.

I've made 2 separate apps of Sumagreen to a few properties over the past 2 months and I see no "WOW or BANGIN or CRAZY" affect. "132012" said in dozens of posts that he is using Sumagreen to replace fertilizers (with 1/8 lb of N added).

I use organic based ferts which contain composted poultry manure and Milorganite as an organic base plus normal ferts blended in. Like I said, I've made 2 Sumagreen apps this fall with only 1 pound of slow release N and see no COLOR differences with Sumagreen added so far. It may possible that: the root system maybe deeper, the soil maybe more enhanced, in 2013 I may have better drought tolerance, etc. Like Barry said, this is not a miracle product. I get the feeling that Sumagreen takes much more time than I'm giving it. I'm sure that a side by side study over an entire season is more legit than a few apps. Just passing along my observations. Would love to hear other userís results.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Went back to my old mix of EDTA Iron, Potassium Nitrate and Urea. This works.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Went back to my old mix of EDTA Iron, Potassium Nitrate and Urea. This works.
I'm confused. In a different Sumagreen thread, you made several posts saying Sumagreen suppressed disease and you had a one day green up affect. Your posts and others were the reasons why I made 2 purchases of Sumagreen. Why did you go back to your old mix of EDTA Iron, Potassium Nitrate and Urea?

Also when you say, "This works" at the end of your post are you referring to Sumagreen?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesturf View Post
I'm confused. In a different Sumagreen thread, you made several posts saying Sumagreen suppressed disease and you had a one day green up affect. Your posts and others were the reasons why I made 2 purchases of Sumagreen. Why did you go back to your old mix of EDTA Iron, Potassium Nitrate and Urea?

Also when you say, "This works" at the end of your post are you referring to Sumagreen?
Hey Mike,

I had a bit of brown patch in my P Rye lawn and the Sumagreen cleared it up in a week post application....This was MY TEST results 1 week post app.

2 weeks after that ( 3 weeks post app) Foliar Anthracnose HIT hard on the "Test Lawn", then we had Pythium ( I have GREAT soil drainage BTW) and got wiped out.....

I went back to the old mix as it works for me and clients lawns ( no suma green) look great coming out of the heat wave......

The sumagreen needs to have the kinks worked out IMHO so the decomposers will not out compete the good fungal additives.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Used Holganix 3 applications then SumaGreen. Worst fungus year ever. The drought is certainly a factor,more so improper watering but expected to have more buffer against the stress. The Holganix rep. said I should double rate for effective disease control (14oz/1000) but the cost is already twice the price of SumaGreen. My yards were green enough,long enough with the exception of a few but I had also added 1/4 lb. of nitrogen and a product called Stay-N

I believe my shrubs did exceptional well with Holganix. The SumaGreen left a film that a customer complained about and can't say the treatment with SumaGreen did as well as Holganix.

I will offer extra services that include compost topdressing and compost tea.These are the foundational products that shown results.Doubt I would go back with Holganix less the price is lowered or SumaGreen. I admit I didn't give SumaGreen a fair trail.

SumaGreen has a lot of microbes but Holganix has lots more ingredients-check it out yourself. SumaGreen has been slow to get back with study data on lawns. I think it is still coming in and they will present it latter.True,I haven't used SumaGreen near as much as Holganix but all my experiments have produced no "wow" factor. Side by side with Lesco fertilizer on newly seeded tall fescue showed no visible difference. I used SumaGreen on a number of fescue seeded yards and am not impressed.

Next year I might try a similar product by Enviroquest but I need to look into it more over the winter.

Inspite of the disappointing results with fungus by combining treatments I saved money and labor costs. I cut back my prodiamine rates 30% with Holganix with no adverse effect. Prodiamine is not good with broadleaves and I had some of the biggest,greenest dandelions ever which tells me the products work well on weeds.Luckily There were no many.

Don't take these results so seriously but compare them with others and do your own research. This is based on observation,the worst drought since I started business although most all my customers have irrigation.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

any more updates?