Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I guess when you have as many accounts as this mega-giant company does, the numbers of service orders completed is worth more than quality. They are a numbers and a bottom line company. It looks good on the papers in quantity..........or else, why would the applicator's spray on windy days. This is my surmise!!

I know that you are going to respond and say--" It is uneducated applicator's!"
That is an may be the case if they are agents under one licensed division owner. Basic training is all it takes for the agent to hit the field and become a full swing applicator. With the turnover rate of some companies........the mentality of employees that will agree to these wage tendering giants is only adding to the problem.
I know of two agents all acting under another company in town. Each calls me for questions..........?? I tell them to contact the person whom they are working under--DUH! They shouldn't be touching a sprayer with this attitude.!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In my state, a situation like that would be a pesticide misuse audit by DOA. Damage caused by misuse falls under the restitution statutes. Back in 2007 a Terminex salesman was shooting the breeze with me about how I had better get ready, False Brown was coming to Hawaii. Still do not see them in the phone book. Between bad applications, spraying when it is windy or raining and just shysting customers, cannot imagine them staying open for business.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
In my state, a situation like that would be a pesticide misuse audit by DOA. Damage caused by misuse falls under the restitution statutes. Back in 2007 a Terminex salesman was shooting the breeze with me about how I had better get ready, False Brown was coming to Hawaii. Still do not see them in the phone book. Between bad applications, spraying when it is windy or raining and just shysting customers, cannot imagine them staying open for business.
Like Many Big Box stores they survive on HYPE & BS (marketing) Not unlike our current Election.

"Perceived Value" is not always the "Received Value". I am sure there are marketing forums some where, that are dedicated to PERCEIVED VALUE.

I drive a used TG/CL Isuzu truck. I fell for received value of a excellent work truck and the Perceived value that I was serious about my business.

Here in Florida, my area is God's Waiting Room and refilled each day with New Retirees. True Brown does OK in picking up former Northern Customers. (Nothing is Easier that Blue Grass). But the Grape Vine tells me with 4 million in sales on the S W Gulf Coast of Fla. True Brown is so mismanaged they Bleed Money.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Like Many Big Box stores they survive on HYPE & BS (marketing) Not unlike our current Election.

"Perceived Value" is not always the "Received Value". I am sure there are marketing forums some where, that are dedicated to PERCEIVED VALUE.

I drive a used TG/CL Isuzu truck. I fell for received value of a excellent work truck and the Perceived value that I was serious about my business.

Here in Florida, my area is God's Waiting Room and refilled each day with New Retirees. True Brown does OK in picking up former Northern Customers. (Nothing is Easier that Blue Grass). But the Grape Vine tells me with 4 million in sales on the S W Gulf Coast of Fla. True Brown is so mismanaged they Bleed Money.

What I meant was that they would not survive long in Hawaii. DOA is on the ball and customers are extremely demanding. Spreading kitty litter instead of fertilizer or blue water instead of herbicide would not pass for very long. Frying lawns/ornamentals or failing to deliver results in 30 days or less gets you bounced. The excuse of "that weed is not controllable, you need to re sod" does not fly. People would just as soon deal with a "landscaper" or yard boy if that was what was going to be done.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What I meant was that they would not survive long in Hawaii. DOA is on the ball and customers are extremely demanding. Spreading kitty litter instead of fertilizer or blue water instead of herbicide would not pass for very long. Frying lawns/ornamentals or failing to deliver results in 30 days or less gets you bounced. The excuse of "that weed is not controllable, you need to re sod" does not fly. People would just as soon deal with a "landscaper" or yard boy if that was what was going to be done.
I hear you, I don't necessarily agree with you. The American Public is pretty dumb and eat up HYPE. After all they elected Obama 08 and are just stupid enough to do it again.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

funny you say that GD yrs ago they came to my house and look at my yard to give me a price this was pre z spray and they seen what was black medic on the north side of my house and told me this was un-controllable bc it was a woody type weed.. i just said oh ok really he didnt know i knew how to control it and at this current time dont have any in my yard...

one of the best things i have learned here from you and ric and roy was to blanket spray the yard instead of doing the hunt the weed type of stuff and now bc of that i would say my yard has very little weeds then it ever has..

the century link guy was here a few weeks ago fixing my dsl and called me to tell me he had it fixed while he was standing in my yard and damn who takes care of your yard. Told him i do he said no not mows it but does the weed control and fertilizer i laughed at him and said i do it all..(with some help from you guys here on LS)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I hear you, I don't necessarily agree with you. The American Public is pretty dumb and eat up HYPE. After all they elected Obama 08 and are just stupid enough to do it again.

funny you say that bc i cant find anybody who voted for the guy.. atleast they wont admit it anyway...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

False Brown would not live long in Hawaii because most people here are extremely skeptical and hard core DIYer's. I am talking people who would rather fry spots in the lawn before letting a professional do it selectively. If a weed is "uncontrollable", the expectation is that it is excavated. Kind of funny given that 0 took this state by an extremely large margin.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Well they didnt work out here either They burnt a 6 acre Complex That I had re seed and True brown got sued They moved on from are town havent seen them around for 4 yrs now unless they sub out
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Well they didnt work out here either They burnt a 6 acre Complex That I had re seed and True brown got sued They moved on from are town havent seen them around for 4 yrs now unless they sub out
Picking the Low Hanging Fruit. Harvard Business school has different names for it like Market desirability. But the botton line is they take the easy road. "True Land Care" has totally disappeared from my area after a Booming start. They started off doing excellent work that quickly went down hill. I am not sure if "True Land Care" is still operating??????