Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe that was Hustler that just said top speed is for transport.

Can you cut at top speed, yes. Should you??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Sponsor

Gentlemen, I said the unit was design to go 15mph for transport. I didn't say it couldn't cut grass at that speed. The conditions have to be right for that to happen. If I said it can mow at 15mph everybody would expect it to cut 3" off without an issue. For those who believe the mower should not go that fast, there are limiters on the front dashboard to limit the throw of the sticks, hence lowering you max ground speed. Some owners de-tune the speed because of their workers.

Brian O
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I now remember why I stopped uploading vids, it takes for ever!
The vids Ive put up were all taken back in Feb and or March, so dont think these are recent. I really wasnt going to load these up but Ridin asked nicely!
Anyway, heres the last one for a while...http://youtu.be/-aeK7PpYBik
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Who are you kidding, your not working you are sittin on your a$$ having fun.

Where you live looks beautiful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I now remember why I stopped uploading vids, it takes for ever!
The vids Ive put up were all taken back in Feb and or March, so dont think these are recent. I really wasnt going to load these up but Ridin asked nicely!
Anyway, heres the last one for a while...http://youtu.be/-aeK7PpYBik
Mick, you got a pic of the blades you are using in that last vid? They really get that stuff out the door nicely.

BTW- Thanks mate.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Puppy did you miss that this all started when the HUSTLER rep said it was just for transport, not cutting?

I, and all you other guys know that in proper conditions you CAN mow at full SuperZ speed. With today's new deck and more power then was ever dreamed back in 2005, they most certainly can!
The rep can say anything he likes, and it can be far from fact, and to prove that, listed below is Hustler's own written description, not mine, not yours, and not the reps. As with any description used to advertise, and for legal purposes, if Hustler considers their 15 mph speed on a Hustler Super Z to be used for transport purposes only, then that is the way it would be stated in their advertising, as well as their specifications, and it would be hard-word defined as saying...15 MPH Transport Speed, but as you see from their on words below, this is not the case...making whatever rep, and whoever else believes this; to be totally incorrect.

For anyone that cares to argue about hard facts you can read with your own eyes, take it up with Hustler, they wrote the description, and the description means their Super Z mower will travel up to 15 mph, and mow at that speed if conditions suit.

QUOTE:
"The Hustler Super Z™ is in a class by itself. Literally. The Industrial-Grade Super Z is built like a tank and rides like a thoroughbred - with a top speed of 15 mph. The new HyperDrive™ hydraulic system is engineered to run at higher psi levels than any other mower on the market. Its VX4™ deck technology delivers a clean cut and finish that complements its industrial muscle. The Super Z is backed by Hustler's longer Industrial-Grade warranty, not found on any other zero-turn mower. When you want the toughest, most capable mower, climb aboard the Super Z."

To further reiterate this, anyone knows a mower will ride good in a transport situaion such as on a road, but they are stating the mower rides like a thoroughbred, and up to a speed of 15 mph. This statement would not be needed if they believed the 15 mph top speed would only be utilized very little, when as someone said, like moving from point "A" to point "B."

Last edited by puppypaws; 10-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
The rep can say anything he likes, and it can be far from fact, and to prove that, listed below is Hustler's own written description, not mine, not yours, and not the reps. As with any description used to advertise, and for legal purposes, if Hustler considers their 15 mph speed on a Hustler Super Z to be used for transport purposes only, then that is the way it would be stated in their advertising, as well as their specifications, and it would be hard-word defined as saying...15 MPH Transport Speed, but as you see from their on words below, this is not the case...making whatever rep, and whoever else believes this; to be totally incorrect.

For anyone that cares to argue about hard facts you can read with your own eyes, take it up with Hustler, they wrote the description, and the description means their Super Z mower will travel up to 15 mph, and mow at that speed if conditions suit.

QUOTE:
"The Hustler Super Z™ is in a class by itself. Literally. The Industrial-Grade Super Z is built like a tank and rides like a thoroughbred - with a top speed of 15 mph. The new HyperDrive™ hydraulic system is engineered to run at higher psi levels than any other mower on the market. Its VX4™ deck technology delivers a clean cut and finish that complements its industrial muscle. The Super Z is backed by Hustler's longer Industrial-Grade warranty, not found on any other zero-turn mower. When you want the toughest, most capable mower, climb aboard the Super Z."

To further reiterate this, anyone knows a mower will ride good in a transport situaion such as on a road, but they are stating the mower rides like a thoroughbred, and up to a speed of 15 mph. This statement would not be needed if they believed the 15 mph top speed would only be utilized very little, when as someone said, like moving from point "A" to point "B."
Hey Puppy do you know what the pulling capacity is?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Hey Puppy do you know what the pulling capacity is?
Exactly, it pulls my 225 lbs, and that is all I ask of either Super Z, I own...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I found out it is weak like 500 pounds,seems like it may be underrated.

They should make it in a torque version, that is a major strike against it for me. They may be sand bagging on the pulling cap. I will try and get more info.
Closed Thread