Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,166
I believe that was Hustler that just said top speed is for transport.

Can you cut at top speed, yes. Should you??
Posted via Mobile Device
  #132  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
hustlermidwest hustlermidwest is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago, Ill
Posts: 408
Gentlemen, I said the unit was design to go 15mph for transport. I didn't say it couldn't cut grass at that speed. The conditions have to be right for that to happen. If I said it can mow at 15mph everybody would expect it to cut 3" off without an issue. For those who believe the mower should not go that fast, there are limiters on the front dashboard to limit the throw of the sticks, hence lowering you max ground speed. Some owners de-tune the speed because of their workers.

Brian O
  #133  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Mickhippy's Avatar
Mickhippy Mickhippy is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 3,733
I now remember why I stopped uploading vids, it takes for ever!
The vids Ive put up were all taken back in Feb and or March, so dont think these are recent. I really wasnt going to load these up but Ridin asked nicely!
Anyway, heres the last one for a while...http://youtu.be/-aeK7PpYBik
  #134  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,360
Who are you kidding, your not working you are sittin on your a$$ having fun.

Where you live looks beautiful.
  #135  
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I now remember why I stopped uploading vids, it takes for ever!
The vids Ive put up were all taken back in Feb and or March, so dont think these are recent. I really wasnt going to load these up but Ridin asked nicely!
Anyway, heres the last one for a while...http://youtu.be/-aeK7PpYBik
Mick, you got a pic of the blades you are using in that last vid? They really get that stuff out the door nicely.

BTW- Thanks mate.
  #136  
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Puppy did you miss that this all started when the HUSTLER rep said it was just for transport, not cutting?

I, and all you other guys know that in proper conditions you CAN mow at full SuperZ speed. With today's new deck and more power then was ever dreamed back in 2005, they most certainly can!
The rep can say anything he likes, and it can be far from fact, and to prove that, listed below is Hustler's own written description, not mine, not yours, and not the reps. As with any description used to advertise, and for legal purposes, if Hustler considers their 15 mph speed on a Hustler Super Z to be used for transport purposes only, then that is the way it would be stated in their advertising, as well as their specifications, and it would be hard-word defined as saying...15 MPH Transport Speed, but as you see from their on words below, this is not the case...making whatever rep, and whoever else believes this; to be totally incorrect.

For anyone that cares to argue about hard facts you can read with your own eyes, take it up with Hustler, they wrote the description, and the description means their Super Z mower will travel up to 15 mph, and mow at that speed if conditions suit.

QUOTE:
"The Hustler Super Z™ is in a class by itself. Literally. The Industrial-Grade Super Z is built like a tank and rides like a thoroughbred - with a top speed of 15 mph. The new HyperDrive™ hydraulic system is engineered to run at higher psi levels than any other mower on the market. Its VX4™ deck technology delivers a clean cut and finish that complements its industrial muscle. The Super Z is backed by Hustler's longer Industrial-Grade warranty, not found on any other zero-turn mower. When you want the toughest, most capable mower, climb aboard the Super Z."

To further reiterate this, anyone knows a mower will ride good in a transport situaion such as on a road, but they are stating the mower rides like a thoroughbred, and up to a speed of 15 mph. This statement would not be needed if they believed the 15 mph top speed would only be utilized very little, when as someone said, like moving from point "A" to point "B."
__________________
Farm Mower

Last edited by puppypaws; 10-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.
  #137  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
The rep can say anything he likes, and it can be far from fact, and to prove that, listed below is Hustler's own written description, not mine, not yours, and not the reps. As with any description used to advertise, and for legal purposes, if Hustler considers their 15 mph speed on a Hustler Super Z to be used for transport purposes only, then that is the way it would be stated in their advertising, as well as their specifications, and it would be hard-word defined as saying...15 MPH Transport Speed, but as you see from their on words below, this is not the case...making whatever rep, and whoever else believes this; to be totally incorrect.

For anyone that cares to argue about hard facts you can read with your own eyes, take it up with Hustler, they wrote the description, and the description means their Super Z mower will travel up to 15 mph, and mow at that speed if conditions suit.

QUOTE:
"The Hustler Super Z™ is in a class by itself. Literally. The Industrial-Grade Super Z is built like a tank and rides like a thoroughbred - with a top speed of 15 mph. The new HyperDrive™ hydraulic system is engineered to run at higher psi levels than any other mower on the market. Its VX4™ deck technology delivers a clean cut and finish that complements its industrial muscle. The Super Z is backed by Hustler's longer Industrial-Grade warranty, not found on any other zero-turn mower. When you want the toughest, most capable mower, climb aboard the Super Z."

To further reiterate this, anyone knows a mower will ride good in a transport situaion such as on a road, but they are stating the mower rides like a thoroughbred, and up to a speed of 15 mph. This statement would not be needed if they believed the 15 mph top speed would only be utilized very little, when as someone said, like moving from point "A" to point "B."
Hey Puppy do you know what the pulling capacity is?
  #138  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Hey Puppy do you know what the pulling capacity is?
Exactly, it pulls my 225 lbs, and that is all I ask of either Super Z, I own...
__________________
Farm Mower
  #139  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Exactly, it pulls my 225 lbs, and that is all I ask of either Super Z, I own...
  #140  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Exactly, it pulls my 225 lbs, and that is all I ask of either Super Z, I own...
I found out it is weak like 500 pounds,seems like it may be underrated.

They should make it in a torque version, that is a major strike against it for me. They may be sand bagging on the pulling cap. I will try and get more info.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.08745 seconds with 10 queries