Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
BCL Services BCL Services is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: central florida
Posts: 169
Orlando tree service

Hey guys who are you using for a tree service sub in the Orlando area? We handle small stuff in house, but I have a bigger job coming up to trim up about 50 palms that I don't think I care to bother with. Who do you recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL Services View Post
Hey guys who are you using for a tree service sub in the Orlando area? We handle small stuff in house, but I have a bigger job coming up to trim up about 50 palms that I don't think I care to bother with. Who do you recommend?
I have used Todd Davis Tree Service out of Winter Park a couple of times. Does prompt work, is good with the customers.

http://www.todddavistreeservice.com/
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
RoyalTree RoyalTree is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami fl
Posts: 125
Dont hire a company that advertises topping.

Look at the isa or tcia website for a company that uses a certified arborist or at the very least practices modern tree trimming techniques.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
bugsNbows bugsNbows is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTree View Post
Dont hire a company that advertises topping.

Look at the isa or tcia website for a company that uses a certified arborist or at the very least practices modern tree trimming techniques.
Posted via Mobile Device
Great advice. I see so many "butcher jobs" around on palms. IMO, it is pathetically unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 10,831
.

In Orlando call Scrub Tree Service. Their Hurricane style trimming cuts right to the Heart. Yes, Trim jobs stand the test of time, in fact this might be the last time they get trimmed. BTW They specialize in Tree Remove also.


.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,880
"But if I hurricane cut, I won't have to have them cut for another year!"
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 PM
justanotherlawnguy's Avatar
justanotherlawnguy justanotherlawnguy is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,192
certified arborist for palm trimming, thats funny......

why would people pay for an arborist to come out, when for 1/4 the price of a legitimate tree service they can get the $20/door knocker scabs to do it
__________________
The great thief of opportunity is procrastination!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
RoyalTree RoyalTree is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami fl
Posts: 125
Right...why hire a ligitimate company...

I guess we all know how you run your business.

Hire the guy who will spike your royals and make sure they dont leave more then 3 fronds. This wont hurt your trees at all, right? Why pay for someone who actually trains their employees when you can get a guy at the local home depot. Who cares about if the guy has insurance right? Workers comp, you will never need it, way to expensive. Besided the guy has a poulan and a ladder, he knows what he is doing.

Tree service is dangerous and lots of damage can be caused to plants, property and persons by the hacks that think they can trim treed. I am tirred of seeing the ignorance not only by the homeowners but mostly by people in the green industry.

Two tree trimmers who were not properly trained have died in the last 6 months in my city alone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTree View Post
Right...why hire a ligitimate company...

I guess we all know how you run your business.

Hire the guy who will spike your royals and make sure they dont leave more then 3 fronds. This wont hurt your trees at all, right? Why pay for someone who actually trains their employees when you can get a guy at the local home depot. Who cares about if the guy has insurance right? Workers comp, you will never need it, way to expensive. Besided the guy has a poulan and a ladder, he knows what he is doing.

Tree service is dangerous and lots of damage can be caused to plants, property and persons by the hacks that think they can trim treed. I am tirred of seeing the ignorance not only by the homeowners but mostly by people in the green industry.

Two tree trimmers who were not properly trained have died in the last 6 months in my city alone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Amen. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
RoyalTree RoyalTree is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami fl
Posts: 125
You might also be surprised how affordable it can be to hire a professional company versus the hacks sometimes. We are trained and equipped to do the job and can do it in a fraction of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by RoyalTree; 10-17-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.07236 seconds with 9 queries