Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Thoughts on Shindaiwa T282

I'm buying a new trimmer soon. Currently running an Echo SRM 3100 that has power to spare. Asked my dealer what compares in the current Echo/Shindy product line and he pointed me to the T282. I'd like some thoughts from those LCOs who run Shindy trimmers. What are the pros and cons? Any input will be helpful. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shindy eb802rt blower starts first pull even sitting for a week t282 hate it it takes aeast8 pulls and it bogs done after I let it warm up to get the head trimming I have to spin it by hand and then use the throttle but other then that its a good trimmer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a T-231, T-242, T-261, & the T282 it's a great trimmer pretty powerful and love the speed feed trimmer head the only problem I have with it is it takes more than three pulls to start it, realizing I have to choke it everytime to start it after each stop to get it to start on first one to two pulls. The other trimmers start no problem. I would recommend Shindaiwa.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanderson79 View Post
I'm buying a new trimmer soon. Currently running an Echo SRM 3100 that has power to spare. Asked my dealer what compares in the current Echo/Shindy product line and he pointed me to the T282. I'd like some thoughts from those LCOs who run Shindy trimmers. What are the pros and cons? Any input will be helpful. Thanks!
Give the Redmax 2350S a try. Our Co. has used Shindy's for years until they merged with Echo and started tweaking their carbs too much. Then we gave Redmax a chance and have never looked back. Very light and plenty of power. No more starting problems and haven't had any of them brake after 3 years of use so far. We are currently testing their EBZ 8500 Blower now and are pretty impressed. I still like the old 802 from Shindy but we had a few of their 854 Hybrid Blowers that were junk after a season or two.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Always have had very good luck with Shindy.....we use T-242's and love them...awesome power....we have no need to step up to the 282 but I'm sure they are excellent as well....as far as the Red Max comment......we have noticed a quality issue with them since they were bought out by Husqvarna....we have used their blowers and have had issues including starting problems. cylinder failures etc......good products but they seem to be having issues since being bought out by Husky....just my 2 cents....
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same question/problem I have to choose between the shindaiwa t282 or the echo srm-280t. I've had a shindaiwa t272 for 5 years or a little more running it hard and it's tough as nails but since echo and shindaiwa merged I don't know if they are less reliable or something not bashing echo because I use their blowers and edgers and love them, but can anyone answer this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Why would anyone assume that Echo partnership with Shindy might bring them down? Echo has an outstanding reputation for reliability, as do several Japanese manufactured products. If anything, echo and shindy would make each other better.

By the way, echo doesn't own shindy. They formed a parent company to share manufacturing processes and technology for economical reasons. Both originate in Japan and remain separate companies under a parent company shared by the two.

I have no problem with Echo's reliability. I'm running an Echo SRM 3100 that's at least fifteen years old. and seen heavy use and abuse. virtually no probilems in that time. I need a replacement because the echo belongs to my father.

any more thoughts on the shindy 282¿
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by bwanderson79; 10-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanderson79 View Post
Why would anyone assume that Echo partnership with Shindy might bring them down? Echo has an outstanding reputation for reliability, as do several Japanese manufactured products. If anything, echo and shindy would make each other better.

By the way, echo doesn't own shindy. They formed a parent company to share manufacturing processes and technology for economical reasons. Both originate in Japan and remain separate companies under a parent company shared by the two.

I have no problem with Echo's reliability. I'm running an Echo SRM 3100 that's at least fifteen years old. and seen heavy use and abuse. virtually no probilems in that time. I need a replacement because the echo belongs to my father.

any more thoughts on the shindy 282¿
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't mean to say that echo is making shindaiwa worse i love echo I'm just asking for opinions on the echo 280t and the shindaiwa t282
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Green-Man; 10-12-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
I didn't mean to say that echo is making shindaiwa worse i love echo I'm just asking for opinions on the echo 280t and the shindaiwa t282
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't directing comments at you. it just seems that several people on this forum assume that echo may degrade shindy quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ohh yeah I understand what u mean I love their blowers and edgers just prefer shindaiwa weedeaters but that is my personal preference.
Posted via Mobile Device