Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Sponsor

The biggest thing to remember when Advertising...

When you try new things, do it small to start. Test and measure everything! You should keep track where every new contact comes from, ones you paid for and ones you didn't. After a little bit of time you will be able to see what is working and you can focus on that and come up with new ideas to test.

Best of luck.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where in Va are you Church?? The only problem I had with getting my licence was running my business out of my home they wanted my lot to be aleast a arce. Mine is .996 so I had to go to the board to get approved $250 extra. Insurance you are looking around 500. Best of luck.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Where in Va are you Church?? The only problem I had with getting my licence was running my business out of my home they wanted my lot to be aleast a arce. Mine is .996 so I had to go to the board to get approved $250 extra. Insurance you are looking around 500. Best of luck.
Is that 500 a year for liability?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes that is 500 a year 2 million coverage. That doesn't count my truck and trailer but it does cover my mowers and handheld and other misc stuff. I would have a hard time sleeping if my mowers were not covered.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Sponsor

20 Year Old Just Starting- Need some advice on a few things

The best form of advertisement is to pass out door hangers in the area that you would like to focus on. On your advertisement you should push people to your website to receive an instant online quote the www.acculawnsystems.com. You can see what the homeowner will see at Acculawncare.com. This is a very effective way to drive in new customers and we have used it for the past three seasons with my lawn care company.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

One thing I think I can help with is advertising. I work in an area where most of my yards 4k-9k lots. I have been able to develop a pricing system that works for me and advertise those rates. I am not the cheapest in town, nor do I want to be. When I started doing this not only did my close percentage go way up, but the number of inquiries went up too. Most people still ask me what will you charge to mow.... but they are just confirming what they saw on my advertisement. I advertise with CL, and I mass market neighborhoods with my business card and the rate handwritten on the back door-to-door.
Cypress Lawn Service
Richmond Lawn Service
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Sponsor

20 Year Old Just Starting- Need some advice on a few things

Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once an LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. Check out to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve it today.