Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

N/a ........
Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hmmm

Quote:
They need to support what they have out before they promise more!!!
Are you having an issue with one? They are pretty bullet proof. Maybe I can help?

Quote:
yep they are. my dealer and i are buddies n he told me they are trying to make it as maneuverable and zippy as a Walker. i demoed one last year with the intentions of dumping my walkers but it was so slow and unresponsive i couldnt buy it.
This is an odd statement. The Navigator is hands down faster and more responsive then a Walker due to the differences in design issue. There is currently a service advisory out on some bad Hydro Gear pumps, maybe the unit you demoed has that problem because they are by no mean sluggish. We had these bad pump on the unit we ordered in for demo use. You after about 10 hours of use, you'd put the drive lever forward and when you let the handles go.......it would creep.....

I was told part of the update on the machines was due to Hydro Gear no longer building the planetary reduction wheel motors used in the navigator, with some updated features. I will have my hands on a unit by week's end.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallimeca View Post
Are you having an issue with one? They are pretty bullet proof. Maybe I can help?

This is an odd statement. The Navigator is hands down faster and more responsive then a Walker due to the differences in design issue. There is currently a service advisory out on some bad Hydro Gear pumps, maybe the unit you demoed has that problem because they are by no mean sluggish. We had these bad pump on the unit we ordered in for demo use. You after about 10 hours of use, you'd put the drive lever forward and when you let the handles go.......it would creep.....

I was told part of the update on the machines was due to Hydro Gear no longer building the planetary reduction wheel motors used in the navigator, with some updated features. I will have my hands on a unit by week's end.
You mean you are getting a redesign one? If so please up date with pics if possible
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallimeca View Post

Any pics ?..
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

All new walkers (2012) have the increased ground speed of 7mph same as the navigator. The major difference between the two as far is the feel is concerned. Walker has all new forward and reverse spring loaded gas shock dampeners that give an enhanced more precise control feel. It will be hard for the navigator to produce the same new control feel that walker now has.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
All new walkers (2012) have the increased ground speed of 7mph same as the navigator. The major difference between the two as far is the feel is concerned. Walker has all new forward and reverse spring loaded gas shock dampeners that give an enhanced more precise control feel. It will be hard for the navigator to produce the same new control feel that walker now has.
Not at all. They will have it just as good if not better. Oh wait, you must be a Walker owner.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When will the redesigned Exmarks be available? I'd like to demo one and see how much better they are with the upgrades they made. Also our Walkers do 8.5 MPH.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I have a great exmark dealer and I have 4 exmark turf tracers--we own a walker as well and agree that for the most part exmark has the navigator figured out the sensitivity of the controls is one lacking feature and the navigator outweighs the walker as well which is also a bit of a negative. The biggest thing holding me back from making a change is the price differential. the most recent navigator quote I got for the EFI and the split tail wheel kit was just a touch over 16K with tax. This is almost 4K more than the comparable walker. I ve run them both, it's nice, but not 4K nicer
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That's a crazy price. This spring I got 2 prices, efi and carb. 11000 for the carb. 12500 for efi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
When will the redesigned Exmarks be available? I'd like to demo one and see how much better they are with the upgrades they made. Also our Walkers do 8.5 MPH.
With Previous GHS models the only model capable without modifications (not speed up kit only 6.5 mph from 5mph) that did mph were MTL models. Now all GHS models as of late 2012 do 7mph. The only other models that do 8 mph and above are MB and super B
Posted via Mobile Device