Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
No dis respect but if something like that happends you don't need to bash it you just so happen to get a bad one or something because there are people like unit28 who never had a problem with it no matter the conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device
If dust is an issue, then were all up the creek.

With such a drought alot of US experienced...we gonna
see some dust flying this year,...no?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Seriously considered the PB-770 but ended up with 2 of the PB-755's due to the $399 price tag.....so far the 755's have been awesome....can't imagine needing more power??
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVENS LAWNCARE View Post
Seriously considered the PB-770 but ended up with 2 of the PB-755's due to the $399 price tag.....so far the 755's have been awesome....can't imagine needing more power??
I've thought the same thing but I don't mind spending the money for the 770, I just always liked getting the best and most powerful stuff
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
I've thought the same thing but I don't mind spending the money for the 770, I just always liked getting the best and most powerful stuff
Posted via Mobile Device
Then don't get Echo, lol. There are more powerful blowers out there. The 770s are nice though.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know there are but it's either echo or shindaiwa for me just my preference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a EBZ8500 and BR600. The Red Max is a powerful monster, it's heavy and a little uncomfortable, but it's power cuts job time. My helpers always grab the Red Max!!! I love my BR600, it's light and powerful enough for everything, it gets the job done. The BR top end went bad right at the end of warranty, they covered it. My blowers run all day, 6 days a week during leaf season and except for a be top end I have not had a single problem. The air filters seem to never be dirty I need a couple more blowers and thinking about getting 2 Echo 770's. I have read a lot of good reviews on these, so going in morning to get them. I have recently bought the Billy Goat self prop walk behind, 13 horse power, that's a beast as well !!!!! Love it....
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

We've had the echo pb770T going on 2 years now. Because it doesn't get daily / weekly use, we add the stabil to the gas. Living in NJ, you are dealing with 10% ethanol in your gas most of the time and when the unit sits, the ethanol coagulates in the carb blocking air/fuel passages. These units (read: carbs) seem to be prone to ethanol related probs due to the lean factory fuel settings. What I mean is they start up and idle fine, but when you go to full WOT, they feel starved for gas. After rebuilding the carb one time and experiencing the problem again, it was time for some closer inspection. There is a very small screw (high speed jet) that requires the special echo "D" screwdriver to adjust. Once we opened up this screw about 1 full turn, the unit has run very well with none of the lag previously noted. Because of the lean burn qualities of ethanol in fuel, when rebuilding the carb, we bent the metering lever up just a tad to compensate and make it slightly richer. We also removed the spark arrestor screen on the muffler as this tends to clog based on landscaper recommendation. The unit runs flawless now each and every time. These units are a bit thirsty on fuel though, but I would highly recommend them especially with some of the mods I mention.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We like the 770's
Attached Images