Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegantlawns View Post
i know there is alot of other threads on here similiar. all input is appreciated. iam wondering how well direct mailing with postcards has worked for others and how to go about direct mailing. also you guys think its fine to use walmart postcards where you print them up yourself or should i spend the extra cash on a proffesional?
Has anyone really tracked to see if the postcard route works? I was wondering if it did anything for my business the year I did it. I was not smart in not putting a special code or price in the postcard to know if that is where they came from.
Any good numbers I should be looking at if I did do postcards? About how many new clients if I sent out to 1,000 single family homes (Not apts complex)

What are some key words you are using in your postcards? Good price, Organic lawn care, safe lawn practices, Specials, etc

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

As of right now iam advertising word of mouth and iam going to put out fall cleanup and then snow removal flyers. In the spring is when ill really advertise iam planning on as of now to have proffesional postcards made and really focus on direct mailing. Iam going to offer a 50% off first cut special that's the only special iam offering. Sure a lot of people will only want that first.cut iam sure but well see how it plays out don't know until you try and always remember if you do fail atleast your doing something.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Instead of the first cut how about the 3rd or 4th one?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Instead of the first cut how about the 3rd or 4th one?
That's actually not a bad idea keep in mind iam not doing contracts at this time. Once I get commercial accounts I will have them under contract. Not sure if you've been.in the game long but any feedback is appreciated on anything that has been a huge success for your buisness. Also I'm thinking of offering something like a family budget special or something along those lines that basically instead of paying 35 for the yard per cut they pay 25 per cut for 10 months or whatever you get the picture what do you think of this idea? They will obviously have.to be.under a contract. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Unlike snowplowing,people prefer to pay per cut ,I cut ,you pay.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Unlike snowplowing,people prefer to pay per cut ,I cut ,you pay.
And pay enough I can go to vegas trade show and call it training
Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Sponsor

advertising using postcards

If you do the postcards I would advise you to drive business to you website and give instant online quotes. We did close to 1000 bids and received over 200 new contracts this past spring in just 2 zip codes using postcards and door hangers and instant online quotes. Customers simply type in their address and get a quote in seconds. Then they can sign up right then and there. The best thing is that we did not waste time on manual measurements and did not waste money on fuel. Check out how this is possible at acculawnsystems.com. Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Sponsor

advertising using postcards

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.