Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

new to this industry

Have owned a masonry business for 14 yrs. Looking to get into mowing ( rural country residental). Have the knowledge from running the masonry business. Just looking to make some money mowing. The more I can do with that, the less i will have to bang on stone all day. Have a truck, utility trailer, dump trailer, stihl blowers and brush cutters already. Just need some pointers. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Are you looking to leave masonry? How has the money been for you?

Being a good mason can get you into doing hardscape installs and landscaping maintenance. Full service company.

I don't do major installs, but have done some masonry repairs.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not looking to get out of masonry all the way as of now. But in the future yes. I am just wanting to do less of it. I guess the more I could make mowing, the less stone work I would have to do. I also mow 4 acres at my house and need a new mower for my property anyway. That is how this idea started. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, the money is very good. I dont expect to make what I make now, just supplement it a little. Honestly, if I could make 500.00 a week mowing that would be fine. I will always have some masonry work every week to do too.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Sponsor

new to this industry

I would set up a website and give instant online quotes to your customers. For example, our lawn care company gave close to 950 quotes for services such as mowing and fertilization and we received over 200 contracts as a result this past spring. We did not waste time on manual measurements and did not spend any money on fuel. This was only in 2 zip codes. Check out Acculawnsystems.com for more information. Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Sponsor

new to this industry

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.