Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
is this true of WB's and standers in general or just with scags?
I only got 36" standers and they are Wrights. We have scag and snapper WB and they all cut better. And the 21" units cut best of the bunch. In particular the Honda units. We got the first stander because on owner was running a crew and what to make it easier then using WB and that was better. Now when given a choice the present crews leave the stander in the shed as backup. Now this is southern grasses and we mulch everying with outlet closed.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

You talked about the different offsets were you able to use your factory rims or did you have to get new ones?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
You talked about the different offsets were you able to use your factory rims or did you have to get new ones?
Posted via Mobile Device
Factory rims with no spacers. I just had to grind off about half of the big bolt heads behind the tires. The bolts are only for the U-shaped metal that houses all the controls. There is still plenty of metal left on the bolt heads to hold the clamping force. I was really amazed I didn't have to use any spacers. Except for the scorpion trying to sneak attack me in the pictures everything we well with no surprises. The machine is still only 36" wide and the tires do not stick out past the deck. The wider tire fitment could not have been much more perfect.

Anyone with a 36 should implement my mods because if you don't have ruts you will. It took 12-24 months for ruts to become noticeable at many properties.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats probably the biggest reason I sold my 34" gravely stander, I heard so many horror stories about nasty ruts with those little factory tires. I could've gotten wider tires for it i know, but then it wouldnt fit through any of my gates I have to go through. Hope the tires serve you well!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
Thats probably the biggest reason I sold my 34" gravely stander, I heard so many horror stories about nasty ruts with those little factory tires. I could've gotten wider tires for it i know, but then it wouldnt fit through any of my gates I have to go through. Hope the tires serve you well!
The problem with the 32 WB's is they have super skinny tires and they weight almost as much as the 36 which has tires that are probably 50% wider. Plus you stuck with a belt drive unit.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/