Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It appears to be a reardischarge so manicuring is out.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nope I do not remember him.....but coming from Hustler I would be pretty excited about this if we did any roadside mowing or other areas where appearance was not a concern but rather just productivity. This thing has to be able to handle some serious acreage per hour with Hustlers speed and this size.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Nope I do not remember him.....but coming from Hustler I would be pretty excited about this if we did any roadside mowing or other areas where appearance was not a concern but rather just productivity. This thing has to be able to handle some serious acreage per hour with Hustlers speed and this size.
If the motor is up to it and it can knock it down in one pass at 10 or 15 MPH then we have a winner. I have always wondered if rear discharge can be mowed as fast because the deck does not generate the same standup suction as a side chute so it would seem thay may have problems with high speed mowing?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't he sell the rights to Dixi Chopper..........They were advertizing his combination at one time.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
If the motor is up to it and it can knock it down in one pass at 10 or 15 MPH then we have a winner. I have always wondered if rear discharge can be mowed as fast because the deck does not generate the same standup suction as a side chute so it would seem thay may have problems with high speed mowing?
A couple of city and counties use them for road side mowing here. The main reason for the rear discharge of course is to limit the potential hazards of mowing roadsides with side discharge. Again if cut quality and manicured is not your main objection is but rather than productivity I would think this would be great choice as you would be able to cover large areas in a short period of time. Has anyone checked the site? Anyone have production numbers on these yet?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
I remember him. I also remember that Dixie Chopper had a flip up side deck and I think Cub Cadet had a 60" Z that the decks flipped up on each side to fit through gates.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
A couple of city and counties use them for road side mowing here. The main reason for the rear discharge of course is to limit the potential hazards of mowing roadsides with side discharge. Again if cut quality and manicured is not your main objection is but rather than productivity I would think this would be great choice as you would be able to cover large areas in a short period of time. Has anyone checked the site? Anyone have production numbers on these yet?
Also with a rear discharge deck you aren't mowing over clippings from previous passes so that is another time saver if like you said productivity is the most important over manicuring.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Dang! That things bigger than dads!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like it could be based of a 72 with 3 24 inch blades in the center, then a 16incher each side.