Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,207
You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,510
It appears to be a reardischarge so manicuring is out.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nope I do not remember him.....but coming from Hustler I would be pretty excited about this if we did any roadside mowing or other areas where appearance was not a concern but rather just productivity. This thing has to be able to handle some serious acreage per hour with Hustlers speed and this size.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Nope I do not remember him.....but coming from Hustler I would be pretty excited about this if we did any roadside mowing or other areas where appearance was not a concern but rather just productivity. This thing has to be able to handle some serious acreage per hour with Hustlers speed and this size.
If the motor is up to it and it can knock it down in one pass at 10 or 15 MPH then we have a winner. I have always wondered if rear discharge can be mowed as fast because the deck does not generate the same standup suction as a side chute so it would seem thay may have problems with high speed mowing?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
gene gls's Avatar
gene gls gene gls is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Granville, Ma. 01034
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't he sell the rights to Dixi Chopper..........They were advertizing his combination at one time.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
If the motor is up to it and it can knock it down in one pass at 10 or 15 MPH then we have a winner. I have always wondered if rear discharge can be mowed as fast because the deck does not generate the same standup suction as a side chute so it would seem thay may have problems with high speed mowing?
A couple of city and counties use them for road side mowing here. The main reason for the rear discharge of course is to limit the potential hazards of mowing roadsides with side discharge. Again if cut quality and manicured is not your main objection is but rather than productivity I would think this would be great choice as you would be able to cover large areas in a short period of time. Has anyone checked the site? Anyone have production numbers on these yet?
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You guys must not remember flexdeck. He sold a design that added an extra blade and deck housing to almost any brand made. Folded up the same way. He managed to post on nearly every thread how this was the answer to all your worldly problems. He was even a sponsor for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
I remember him. I also remember that Dixie Chopper had a flip up side deck and I think Cub Cadet had a 60" Z that the decks flipped up on each side to fit through gates.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
A couple of city and counties use them for road side mowing here. The main reason for the rear discharge of course is to limit the potential hazards of mowing roadsides with side discharge. Again if cut quality and manicured is not your main objection is but rather than productivity I would think this would be great choice as you would be able to cover large areas in a short period of time. Has anyone checked the site? Anyone have production numbers on these yet?
Also with a rear discharge deck you aren't mowing over clippings from previous passes so that is another time saver if like you said productivity is the most important over manicuring.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Buck Hollow Lawn Care Buck Hollow Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 109
Dang! That things bigger than dads!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,510
It looks like it could be based of a 72 with 3 24 inch blades in the center, then a 16incher each side.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.08039 seconds with 10 queries