Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Puppy bought his mower a few months to early there you go Pupster, go out and get her and you will be our God!

A standard 7 FT wide trailer will handle it with no problem.
The mower has a purpose for some applications but not mine, this mower will not allow the speed or maneuverability I can get with the 72", and if they have not picked up another engine of at least 40+ hp it will be underpowered. That 8 1/2' deck has got to handle a lot of grass, and it will take plenty of power to make it function as designed. I don't see the smaller wheels and forks handling what I put them through at the speeds I prefer to run.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
If the motor is up to it and it can knock it down in one pass at 10 or 15 MPH then we have a winner. I have always wondered if rear discharge can be mowed as fast because the deck does not generate the same standup suction as a side chute so it would seem thay may have problems with high speed mowing?
My City runs rear discharged and My son knows a guy rides one He said they cant go very fast or leaves alot standing grass
I know from seeing the parks they look bad with all the rows of cut grass kinda looks like I mowed my hay field
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
The mower has a purpose for some applications but not mine, this mower will not allow the speed or maneuverability I can get with the 72", and if they have not picked up another engine of at least 40+ hp it will be underpowered. That 8 1/2' deck has got to handle a lot of grass, and it will take plenty of power to make it function as designed. I don't see the smaller wheels and forks handling what I put them through at the speeds I prefer to run.
37 may work with a rear discharge, Hustler recommends the 850 Kaw on a 72 rear discharge.

I think if we go back through the years and reread your post's we will find many excuses why you did not buy a 72 along time ago , this mower will more than likely be the same.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
My City runs rear discharged and My son knows a guy rides one He said they cant go very fast or leaves alot standing grass
I know from seeing the parks they look bad with all the rows of cut grass kinda looks like I mowed my hay field
If the grass you are cutting with a rear discharge mower has any size at all, what you described is exactly what it does. The mower will leave a windrow appearing to look as if it is waiting for a hay baler to pull it in so it can be baled.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
37 may work with a rear discharge, Hustler recommends the 850 Kaw on a 72 rear discharge.

I think if we go back through the years and reread your post's we will find many excuses why you did not buy a 72 along time ago , this mower will more than likely be the same.
I don't believe you will find a reason I specified why I never bought a 72. I guess with your background in physics, you do realize that 72 is only 6" wider than the 66 I've been running for the past six years, and I've run several 72's through the years while never seeing any real difference in maneuverability.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Some more info..

http://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/...der-$3,000.php
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

i wonder if it could do the work of two 52s faster.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rear discharge finish cut decks like this one normally leave a lower grade finish to the cut than a side discharge deck. They also require more HP to run usually because instead of the grass being cut and blown out the side at the front, the grass has to be cut at the front, and then the long clippings have to pass back through the blades on their way out the rear of the deck, which adds to the power drain. Too, this machine has got to be quite a bit heavier than any other Z, or SZ for that matter, so I would think that the FX1000 would be the minimum engine that could run it efficiently, and I would want at least an additional 5 or so ponies.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I don't believe you will find a reason I specified why I never bought a 72. I guess with your background in physics, you do realize that 72 is only 6" wider than the 66 I've been running for the past six years, and I've run several 72's through the years while never seeing any real difference in maneuverability.
Yaa but you timed your new 72 and it was around 25 percent fatser than your 66,just imagine how much faster this could be.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Rear discharge finish cut decks like this one normally leave a lower grade finish to the cut than a side discharge deck. They also require more HP to run usually because instead of the grass being cut and blown out the side at the front, the grass has to be cut at the front, and then the long clippings have to pass back through the blades on their way out the rear of the deck, which adds to the power drain. Too, this machine has got to be quite a bit heavier than any other Z, or SZ for that matter, so I would think that the FX1000 would be the minimum engine that could run it efficiently, and I would want at least an additional 5 or so ponies.
from what I hear it requires way less power to run a rear discharge.