Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I think its funny how all these guys criticize anyone who finds a new way of cutting grass successfully. Many try to act like they are so much smarter, or wiser because they only buy commercial. I too only buy commercial ZTR's, but like you walk behind mowers are throw away I won't waste time buying commercial walk behinds as long as I have other options that work just as well
for me. I just checked my blades after a summer of use only 1 very small knick , dang those are good blades. Now the Timemaster will last me 6 yrs at 100 hrs per yr. I'm fine with that. The commercial exmark would last longer but if I'm going to spend money for commercial equipment I will use it to buy a new ztr. Now before everyone gets excited I realize if you are cutting extremely tall grass you will need something other than the timemaster. Thats fine , but really I have not heard how well the new 30" Exmark cuts
in those conditions , so it will be interesting to compare, exmark should blow away the toro TM but will it?

But saying that I don't criticize those that choose to buy commercial WB. I just wish everyone would not act like they do when someone does it different than them. Remember there always more than 1 way to skin a cat!

Just saying no oil changes or sharpening blades is just plain lazy!!! Figure those mowers would last a lot longer if they were taken care of and not abused!