Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2000, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I've been in this business for ten years and now I'm considering purchasing design software. I am very comfortable with the computer and software, graphics etc... Trying to decide between (Drafix , formerly Pro Landscape,) DIG, and Visual Impact Imaging. Does anyone have experience with these different programs any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

If you think in plane view, then any drawing package that has a library of landscape objects will work. If this is a tool to sell customers on what it will look like, consider Sketch-Up. It allows you to work in 3d, re-render with near realistic results, and produce fly-throughs for your customers. Warning: You need to play with it for a couple of months to get good at it, but with practice, and a good library of plants, you can modify the design while the customer is looking over your shoulder.

There is a free version and a pro version. The free version has all sorts of limitations. The pro version can generate materials lists, put multiple drawings on a single page...

Lots of 3rd party add-ons for it.

It's memory intensive. You will want the fastest single processor you can afford (It doesn't take advantage of multiple cores) and max out the memory. 16-32 GB of memory is NOT too much.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Only 12 years old, hmm I wonder if he responds

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the OP. I'm pretty sure that he went with Dynascape.