Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 21" super recycler. And im not interested in a walk behind or stander at the moment
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i started with a scag tiger cub i bought new back in 05 with a 48" deck and 19hp kawi it served me great for 7 years which 6 of them i had gotten all my work from word of mouth only, then i became a real business and started advertising and this june i bought a new cheetah with a 61" deck and 34hp kohler, cash and then 15 days ago i bought the bagger for the cheetah also cash, and haven't looked back since, every time i use the mower and vac the leaves up and cut the lawn i smile because of how good the lawn looks after and how quick i able to get my lawns done which are closer to 15,000 sq. ft. which take 20 mins plus an extra 15 if im bagging. for me the cheetah works exactly like it should, my smallest lawn is 5,000 sq. ft. and i can blow through in 10-12 mins and not empty the bagger once. buy whatever is gonna suit you best financially and business wise.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
i started with a scag tiger cub i bought new back in 05 with a 48" deck and 19hp kawi it served me great for 7 years which 6 of them i had gotten all my work from word of mouth only, then i became a real business and started advertising and this june i bought a new cheetah with a 61" deck and 34hp kohler, cash and then 15 days ago i bought the bagger for the cheetah also cash, and haven't looked back since, every time i use the mower and vac the leaves up and cut the lawn i smile because of how good the lawn looks after and how quick i able to get my lawns done which are closer to 15,000 sq. ft. which take 20 mins plus an extra 15 if im bagging. for me the cheetah works exactly like it should, my smallest lawn is 5,000 sq. ft. and i can blow through in 10-12 mins and not empty the bagger once. buy whatever is gonna suit you best financially and business wise.
thanks for the comment! When you bought the tiger cub did you finance it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Mowing View Post
thanks for the comment! When you bought the tiger cub did you finance it?
Posted via Mobile Device
I did finance it and at 16 years old just getting my drivers license it was a pretty big deal. but i already had accounts in my neighborhood, i did with a scag 52" hydro walk behind my dad picked up for 1000 dollars to do my own house with. so i just used that to really start. I think i had 4 or 5 accounts in high school. most of them were 140 a month or 160 a month back then either way it worked out fine, it was like 200 a month, my dad sold the walk behind for 1000 and put it as a down payment and since he was co-signing he kinda chose the mower, my choice would have been a 61" tiger cat but he went with a 48" tiger cub, either way it was a new machine and it served me well for 7 years and 984hrs. I replaced the cutter deck belt every 2 years, the drive belt 6 years in, the idler pulley about 6 years in and the pto switch about 6 years in, also the two front tires came off the bead and being tubless went flat, so i said screw that and bought a solid front wheel and tire assembly to avoid that problem ever again. and that's it.