Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjoy12 View Post
i wonder if it could do the work of two 52s faster.
It would be way faster than 2 52's because it would cut your slow down and turn around time in half given the mowing speed is the same,my 72 is on average 30% faster than my 60 and I was shocked when I found this out.

28 thousand $'s is to much however.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Mickhippy's Avatar
Mickhippy Mickhippy is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 3,888
Thats a serious mower right there! Shoot!
That machine is certainly not for the general mower guy! Parks, city, golf course roughs etc!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
from what I hear it requires way less power to run a rear discharge.
If you need varification of what I said, just go to Land Pride's Or Wood's websites and read what they have to say about their side discharge vs rear discharge mowers. The rear discharge decks require higher HP.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If you need varification of what I said, just go to Land Pride's Or Wood's websites and read what they have to say about their side discharge vs rear discharge mowers. The rear discharge decks require higher HP.
I have had verification from several sources on rear discharge including Hustler but another is always welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I have had verification from several sources on rear discharge including Hustler but another is always welcome.
You need all the verification you can get, it may help you add to you knowledge in physics.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I have had verification from several sources on rear discharge including Hustler but another is always welcome.
I see that both Woods and Landpride no longer offer side discharge decks for tractors with 3 pt hitches, but Frontier still does. I have several product brochures gathered over several years time from those companies that tell you in very specific wording that the rear discharge decks require more HP. I don't have a scanner here to scan them to show you though, but I did find the Frontier brochure online that shows the HP requirements for the side vs rear discharge decks. Scroll down to the spec page and read the HP requirements for yourself. Make sure you are comparing equivilent deck sizes too. They show both side and rear deck data here-

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/non_..._gm_fm_lit.pdf

What are the sources that you've varified this info from (other than Hustler supposedly)? Just guys you've asked or what? You are always rather vague when it comes to giving us insight into where you get all your data/info from.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I see that both Woods and Landpride no longer offer side discharge decks for tractors with 3 pt hitches, but Frontier still does. I have several product brochures gathered over several years time from those companies that tell you in very specific wording that the rear discharge decks require more HP. I don't have a scanner here to scan them to show you though, but I did find the Frontier brochure online that shows the HP requirements for the side vs rear discharge decks. Scroll down to the spec page and read the HP requirements for yourself. Make sure you are comparing equivilent deck sizes too. They show both side and rear deck data here-

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/non_..._gm_fm_lit.pdf

What are the sources that you've varified this info from (other than Hustler supposedly)? Just guys you've asked or what? You are always rather vague when it comes to giving us insight into where you get all your data/info from.
I demoed a 72 rear discharge Hustler back in 06 that I was interested in and it only had a 27 Kohler and I said something to the dealer about it and he said the rear discharge required less power. I looked into the new Hustler 2012 rear discharge 72 and the dealers I have talked to who have sold them told me they were selling them with 850's rather than 1000's because they did not require the same HP as the side chute, the Kabota dealer told me the same. I am just going by what I have been told while looking to buy.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Tharrell's Avatar
Tharrell Tharrell is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mount Airy, NC aka Mayberry
Posts: 2,967
That's an awesome looking mower.
Hand it to Hustler and Excell to configure a big boy like that.
I mentioned it to my dealer today and she said they are recommending the 37 hp engine. I'd probably go for the diesel if it were available.
I wonder what it weighs considering my 60" Super Z is 1500 lbs?
Where did you get the pic, maybe post more if you have them?
Expo is next week so I guess we'll have more info then.
__________________
Remembering all my departed friends.



NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,734
QUOTE:

"The Super 104 is another enhanced product, based on the Super Z. Wings have been added to extend the mowing width to a 104-inch cut. Excel says it can mow up to 84 acres in eight hours at 10 miles per hour. The Super 104 has the HyperDrive system. Its MSRP is under $30,000."

That's a lot of grass mowing in one day, but remember; to cut that much you have got to run in a straight line at 10 mph and never turn around once. Who would us an illustration of cutting 84 acres in eight hours, other than a gimmick to gain your attention, while knowing in reality this is not possible.

Let's now use more realistic figures:

8.5' x 10 mph x 5280' x (70% efficiency) ÷ 43,560 = mowing 7.21 ac per hr

6' x 13 mph x 5280' x (70% efficiency) ÷ 43,560 = mowing 6.62 ac per hr

This is what speed versus width can do for productivity. This fold up $28,000.00 mower looks like a very productive machine, and in reality it is, but not nearly as much more than one would think when looking at the fast speeds I run with a 72" deck; in comparison to the slower speed with the 104" deck. This is not a good trade of money for someone such as myself.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Mickhippy's Avatar
Mickhippy Mickhippy is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 3,888
I doubt that mower could be run like this. (not that any mower should be run like this)... http://youtu.be/arxl5wyjqpc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Page generated in 0.08242 seconds with 10 queries