Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I am always wrong so just get used to it.
Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so there's hope.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Met up with the NSW Hustler REP today, he admitted the machine was rough over the undulating ground I mow. He said the super z machine is designed for smooth lawns & that the X-One would have been better suited to my type of work.

I wont even bother to go into all my arguements with the issues, its completely rediculous. All I know is how badly the machine performs over un even terrain, therefor it isnt suited to my line of work & due to the fact they never advertised the machine as not suited for rough ground, I believe I was misled, so I am taking it to consumer affairs in the hope to be refunded.

The advertising states that the machine should ride like a thoroughbred, thats incorrect, unless its a golf green (what the hell mower wont ride smooth over smooth ground?). Also they advertise the flex forks to give a more even cut over uneven ground, thats false, it creates lifting in front end which makes the deck bounce ( the rep said I should expect that to be normal ) also the flex forks are designed to give a smoother ride for operator & in turn increase productivity due to mowing faster over rough terrain, well thats also false as I find I need to slow down to snail speed to avoid deck bouncing and neck jerking over any of the slightest bumps!

However if you have a smooth lawn, this mower is excellent for that. I envy you. I have 1 or 2 lawns which are smooth enough to cut the entire lawn without any need to complain about a rough ride.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did you take any vid with the static forks etc?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

So, tire pressure was adjusted to 8-10psi, another set of flex forks were installed, and also standard forks were installed with air filled ribbed Carlisle tires set at 9psi?

ALL of this is necessary to rule out any hidden issues.

I just don't understand how Mickhippy doesn't have these issues on the SAME EXACT MOWER.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
I just don't understand how Mickhippy doesn't have these issues on the SAME EXACT MOWER.
Im in the process of uploading a new vid, taken this afternoon. I'll get the link up in the (my) morning.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
So, tire pressure was adjusted to 8-10psi, another set of flex forks were installed, and also standard forks were installed with air filled ribbed Carlisle tires set at 9psi?

Good question, and true!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

I had a guy here who bought one and said the same thing,claimed deck chattered and bounced and could not mow at speed. They traded the XR7 in on it and said it did not do this.

I tried one for 5 minutes and immediately noticed how stiff the new mower was even with flex forks but they were doing a good job so the ride was good.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I already posted a few days ago re: the forks. It improved a little. I dont have access to air filled tyres, quite frankly the problem is that dramatic that air tyres wont fix the issue out of sight, but if I can then I will try.

I will be putting the rigid forks back on, lowering the rear tyres to 8 PSI to see how it goes for a while. If this is ok, then I will ask the dealer if they can source some air tyres. Have been waiting for the appt with hustler rep before making any other changes, the mechanic also didnt want me to change anything until he tried the weight kit.

When you pay so much money for something, you dont expect to be changing ANYTHING around to make it suit what it was meant to be built for! But this is life I suppose, see how I go next 2 days with rigid forks and low rear tyres.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

The REP jumped on the mower for 5 mins & told me the mower is faultless, in other words there is no difference between this hustler and the next one. So he ruled out any hidden issues.

However he surprised me, I thought he would dispute that the machine was rough, I told him about the other brands I have used, he said that this super z will always ride like this due to the hydraulics and other characteristics of the rigid machine. In his opinion it is not designed for rough lawns, so therefore he admits its rough on that lawn but that I should be happy with that and should expect it. Even though he admits the super z is the only machine that will give this type of rough ride due to its design. To me its ******* stupid, they need to change their advertising immediately to say the mower will not be suited for rough un even terrain!

Unless they spend all their ******* time and use their engineers to modify a model that better suits rough lawns, using the things you all suggest here, air tyres etc. Then they can market the 2 seperate models.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Green,

I don't know what to tell you....

I have a 2006 SuperZ 60" XR-7 deck 28hp EFI Kohler, with rigid forks and air tires. Suspension seat with the flex seat under it. Close to 2K hrs on it. Second best riding mower I've ever used (next to my '97 DC Flatlander with ATV tires (4psi IIRC).

Did 2 separate MULTI-day demo's of the new SuperZ (Like yours 60" VX4 and 31hp Kawi) almost a year apart. First was with rigid forks and second was with flex forks.

The ride was fine. I did have a little more back-slap, but I attributed that to me being used to my easy chair like flex seat. When the Flex forks were added, it REALLY made it ride nice.

Maybe it was the increased power, the far superior cut quality, or the super refined feel of this new hydro system that was dulling my senses with regard to the ride? In any event, it rode just fine for me.

Don't know what else to tell you.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Closed Thread