Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can only imagine what the deck belt would be like to route around all those pulleys and idlers.

I wonder just how long those wings will last before they start flopping from wear too. Interesting is right! I doubt I'll ever see one here, but then again, maybe so. The county complex here is freakin huge, and they do use SZ's on it along with several WAM's.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can certainly see a use for that machine however, with only the 35 on it it may be under powered. But Im of the thinking that RD deck needs less power so 35 may work. I'll never demo so will never really know!

I did find this though, post #7... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...rge+deck+power
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Now that interesting because it is in direct contrast with all the other rear discharge deck manu's that I have either link's to or brochures from like the link I posted before about that. If I had a scanner/printer here, I could post several more that contradict Hustler's rep.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mate, Ive never even sat on one let alone driven one so I dont know or wont argue one way or another but the way I see it, RD decks dont rely on vacuum or need to send a lot of clipping out a relatively small hole. Cut n drop like a bush hog. Sure, some gets "thrown" but but its not like it get dispursed across a few meters.
That said, the little diesel isnt loving it...http://youtu.be/Tpt5EgWJx0w
Likes this a little more... http://youtu.be/9fuXz0vMB0Q
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Mate, Ive never even sat on one let alone driven one so I dont know or wont argue one way or another but the way I see it, RD decks dont rely on vacuum or need to send a lot of clipping out a relatively small hole. Cut n drop like a bush hog. Sure, some gets "thrown" but but its not like it get dispursed across a few meters.
That said, the little diesel isnt loving it...http://youtu.be/Tpt5EgWJx0w
Likes this a little more... http://youtu.be/9fuXz0vMB0Q
Too bad there's no way to get ones demeanor across on a forum. You just can't tell exactly how people mean things on a forum without being able to hear the inflection in their voice. I know you weren't advocating it one way or another, and I appreciate the link. Sorry if it came across any other way.

Like I told realsloww(sp), the brochures I have say that because all the grass has to be passed back over the blades where it tends to wrap them and slow them down causing a power drain, the rear discharge decks need an additional 5 or so HP per deck size. I can't say for sure either since i haven't run one on my CUT....yet.

I wonder if the first guy has a mulch kit or something? It sure bogged a lot easier than the second one going by the sound.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 10-16-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Too bad there's no way to get ones demeanor across on a forum. You just can't tell exactly how people mean things on a forum without being able to hear the inflection in their voice. I know you weren't advocating it one way or another, and I appreciate the link. Sorry if it came across any other way.

Like I told realsloww(sp), the brochures I have say that because all the grass has to be passed back over the blades where it tends to wrap them and slow them down causing a power drain, the rear discharge decks need an additional 5 or so HP per deck size. I can't say for sure either since i haven't run one on my CUT....yet.

I wonder if the first guy has a mulch kit or something? It sure bogged a lot easier than the second one going by the sound.
Nah mate, no problems here. Just shooting the breeze! haaa No work on today so bored sh!tless.

All I do know is that Ive seen one working, just around the corner actually and the finish was terrible. Just like or worse than in that vid. Was cutting longer grass though!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A few years ago,my wife and I were driving by a guy mowing on a larger CUT one size bigger than the one I had at the time, so we stopped to watch him work because I was thinking about getting the same exact mower he had (Woods RD90). He was literally using it to bush hog the field. It was standing field grass that was about 4' tall or more, and very thick. He was cutting it down alright with the CUT, and at a good rate of speed, but he was leaving a lot standing too. That mower has swinging blades like a bush hog even though it is designed as a finish mower. While the cut he was going for wasn't anything more than to knock the field down to around 6", he had to double cut the entire field to do it because there was just too much material for the deck to process in one pass. It was interesting to watch though. Looked just like he had used a MoCo to do it when he was done.

I'd think that as long as that Hustler has the cahones to run it, it would work just as well.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I can see maybe 20,28 and they be smok'in.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:15 PM
President, Hustler Turf Equipment

Super 104 spec sheet.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SZ_104CA_10-12.pdf (1.65 MB, 126 views)
Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 PM
President, Hustler Turf Equipment

With the wings up it fits on a regular sized trailer.
Attached Images