Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I assume you guys are spraying at a 5+ gallon per 1000 volume to get good coverage? I do not have the ability to apply that rate and have been doing mound treatments with acephate or advion. Thinking of looking at top choice or quali pros fripinal.

I know bifen is cheap and if I could sell 3-4 apps during fire ant season(April-October). A skid would pay for itself in no time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=grassmasterswilson;4554644]Not to hijack but curious on your fire ant control at 22 gallons per acre carrier and 3 oz bifinthrin. Many people I've talked with say at least 2 gallons carrier. If low volume woul work I'm already set up for that and the fire ants are here!!!
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

If u have fire ants.... extenguish plus is a bait. 1lb covers 2/3's of an acre at 12.00. It works very well on fire ants mainly. I treated all my properties three years ago and have followed up with wisdom every 60 days and I never see fire ants except on new accounts. You can get extinguish in 3o lb bags and 50 lb bags so it ain't cheap to buy and if it gets wet it has to be thrown out. That's why I use it in the 1lb shaker can
Old 10-15-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Ric, I have used more insecticide this year than I have in the last 10 combined so I'm not real up on my insecticides. We've had more lawn pests due to increased stress on everything brought on by the extreme drought this year. I do know that the Bifen has worked for most things and is economical. The Onyx Pro can be purchased here for $111.00/quart but I have not purchased it even though the low use rates would make mixing a breeze. I believe that is comparable to the price someone posted for the Bifen XTS earlier in this thread.

I personally have been using a product called Menace-7.9% Bifenthrin. I get it for $44/gal and applied at proper rates, I've smoked everything from Army Worms to Fire Ants this year. It works and its cheap. What else could you ask for other than ...the molecule count.
Ted

Menace-7.9% Bifenthrin is the Generic of TALSTAR.

Given the Label Rates of 0.5 oz of Talstar/Menace, you can get just under 6 acres 5.8 from a Gallon of $ 44 a gallon or $ 7.31 cost per acre. Bifen XTS cost me $ 25 a Quart and at High Rate will do 5 acres @ $ 5.00 an acre cost. At Low Rate Bifen XTS will cover 10 acres @ $ 2.50 cost. It is not the Price of the Jug, It is the Price Per Application that matters.

Remember I taught Material Calculation and the Cost factor was just as, if not more important as applying the proper Rates. In fact as a one man band I even calculate my total cost per job. My straight Insecticide Jobs and Inside Pest Control Chemical cost are lower than my Gasoline to get to the Job.

Dave

I will either call you or send you an E mail about extremely cost effective Fire Baits. BTW I think I told you I order a Bee Smoker today Thanks to your Recommendation. I want to try what you taught me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My mistake Ric. I could have sworn I saw that someone had posted $100/qt on the Bifen XTS. $25/qt is a damn good price. Remember, I'm a businessman as well. Sometimes I am limited by what is available in my area as far as suppliers/supplies. I can promise you I have been making a killing on upsell insecticide apps on lawns. I have been charging regular app price and that averages $200-$225/acre. $7.31/acre material cost means
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
My mistake Ric. I could have sworn I saw that someone had posted $100/qt on the Bifen XTS. $25/qt is a damn good price. Remember, I'm a businessman as well. Sometimes I am limited by what is available in my area as far as suppliers/supplies. I can promise you I have been making a killing on upsell insecticide apps on lawns. I have been charging regular app price and that averages $200-$225/acre. $7.31/acre material cost means
You're telling me??

BTW the Reese Receiver on the front is for a Special Bait Spreader. I also have a Fertilize spreader that fits the Reese receiver on both this and My Ric-A-Green.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice picture ric.... I usually takes pictures by the water of bikini's or fish
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post
Nice picture ric.... I usually takes pictures by the water of bikini's or fish
Bikini's cost money Ric's Ride makes Money. That one job where the picture was taken, Paid for Ric's Ride in less than a year. BTW I can kill an acre of Fire Ants in less than 5 minutes. No way anyone with out this type of equipment can touch my prices or quality or work.

Hope you recognize the 150 Gallon Tank, you gave it to me. This is a work in Progress. While it cost close to 25K in 1992. I got it free and well worn out. I had to rebuild it from the ground up. Just one Hydralic Brake Cylinder from Toro was $ 325.00. We stripped it to the Frame and build it back.