Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats a good power washer?

hey guys
I am thinking about doing some power washing, and i wanted to know what a good brand and model powerwasher is and how much i should expect to pay for that
thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Dewalt 2800 psi that does a good job on driveways and sidewalks. I gave up on washing homes. There are guys here that have trailers with hot water that are pressure washing homes for $150 including hand washing the gutters. They do a great job but I can not compete and will not try to. The last home I did ended up with some sort of a short in an outdoor electrical outlet that I paid an electrician to fix and basically they received a free house wash.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

oh really?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I got one from northern tool co 4000 psi cat pump,13hp honda = $1400.00 i just love it .lots of POWER
2-21' mowers
4-gas trimmers
4-gas blowers
3-back pack blowers
6x14 trailer/dovetail
7x18 open trailer / car
04 ford f-250 crew 4x4
2013 ford f-150 crew 4x4
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Any one with a cat or a general pump. Cat is the best thought. But the life of those things all depends on operator and maintenance like anything else. Don't let them run for any length of time without flowing water, because that is how the pump cools off. Letting it run without pulling the trigger on the wand creates a lot of heat. Not many people around here know that though.
Misc Handhelds
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimer View Post
Any one with a cat or a general pump. Cat is the best thought. But the life of those things all depends on operator and maintenance like anything else. Don't let them run for any length of time without flowing water, because that is how the pump cools off. Letting it run without pulling the trigger on the wand creates a lot of heat. Not many people around here know that though.
thanks for the info
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimer View Post
If its a decent pump it should have a bypass that is thermo activated...even our Dewalt has this.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
I have a Dewalt 2800 psi that does a good job on driveways and sidewalks. I gave up on washing homes. There are guys here that have trailers with hot water that are pressure washing homes for $150 including hand washing the gutters. They do a great job but I can not compete and will not try to. The last home I did ended up with some sort of a short in an outdoor electrical outlet that I paid an electrician to fix and basically they received a free house wash.
I was going to mention to the OP that most liability insurance probably wont cover water damage in the event he blasts a window and it leaks down into sill plate and ruins floor and if its a two story, damages ceiling underneath.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Member

ptstate.com has some legit washers, thats where I got mine.