Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
You are correct...the label requires 1.5 pounds per acre. Its an active ingredient of .045 percent, indoxacarb.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/pr...label_msds.php

Good question. How do you apply such a low rate? 1.5 pounds per acre is about a half ounce per thousand sqft.
Maybe Jenkins at Earthway has a spreader that will do it.
Extinguish plus has a shaker can. You put it out by putting out 10 granular or there about take three steps and shake it again. Do this all over a property takes about 30 min's an acre at my pace. $15.00 in product 30 minutes in time $150.00 per acre
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dumb question. With baits like advion or extinguish. The rates for broadcast are 1.5 lbs per acre. Does that mean that you spread 1.5 lbs/acre over the entire area like fertilizer or do you apply spots in a checkerboard type pattern and let the ants search them out and carry back to colony? The application method confuses me.

I was considering doing top choice spread over the entire property but I could do 2-3 bait application(a little here and a little there and maybe have another product in hand for mound treatments) and get good control with higher margins.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Grassmaster,

I used top choice for years when maintaining hoa's. We never had any trouble with fire ants or mole crickets after the effect. Never had any call backs. I hear the generic is just as good. We always charged $18 per k. Its tough to sell but usually after the client sees the effects they never blink when the next year comes around.