Register free!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lesco or Turb Turf sprayer

Hey guys getting into doing our own fert. etc. so we need to order a spray tank. We have a local Lesco dealer and he has a 200 gallon set up with electric hose rewind and Lesco droplet gun for 4500.00. My other option is a Turbo Turf 200 gallon set up with electric start Honda, electric hose rewind (so the whole unit is self contained), upper, lower and side hose guides and all put on a more solid looking frame and either a turbo gun or Lesco type droplet gun for 3900.00.
I want to put this on either a 5x10 or 6x12 utility trailer so I can also cart my aerator around and not tie up a truck when I'm not fertilizing. I'm sure the Lesco's are good but are they 600.00 better.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobagger View Post
Hey guys getting into doing our own fert. etc. so we need to order a spray tank. We have a local Lesco dealer and he has a 200 gallon set up with electric hose rewind and Lesco droplet gun for 4500.00. My other option is a Turbo Turf 200 gallon set up with electric start Honda, electric hose rewind (so the whole unit is self contained), upper, lower and side hose guides and all put on a more solid looking frame and either a turbo gun or Lesco type droplet gun for 3900.00.
I want to put this on either a 5x10 or 6x12 utility trailer so I can also cart my aerator around and not tie up a truck when I'm not fertilizing. I'm sure the Lesco's are good but are they 600.00 better.
I have both a lesco 200 gal skid and a Turbo turf 200 gal skid and they are about the same. But the lesco has a better hose reel If you want to save 600 00 go for the turbo turf they get the job done and are a good piece of equipment.

Charles Cue
Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Charles. Well scratch the trailer, I wasn't even thinking of the weight issue with a single axle trailer so looks like it goes on the flatbed. At least there's no wires to undo and reconnect every time I unload it. I went with the Turbo Turf, the lesco would have been very close to 5k with the added extras the Turbo Turf came with so I'm using that extra savings plus the money a trailer would have cost and invest it in a large advertising campaign. My hopes are to double my money back the first year, already have about 20 customer's who used others before.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net