Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Negative...you could pull the fuel out of an open bucket if you wanted...a swimming pool. Neither would affect oil usage.
Posted via Mobile Device
so do you think we should just chalk this mutual oil usage thing up to the type of engine cgaengineer? We haven't gotten any concerned responses on this yet. Is your oil darkening quickly also, or just being used fast?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
so do you think we should just chalk this mutual oil usage thing up to the type of engine cgaengineer? We haven't gotten any concerned responses on this yet. Is your oil darkening quickly also, or just being used fast?
I think it's normal per Kawi, but it concerns me and I will keep monitoring it while under warranty. Ours gets dark as well but if it has blow by this would happen, and it having blow by is why it's using oil.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I think it's normal per Kawi, but it concerns me and I will keep monitoring it while under warranty. Ours gets dark as well but if it has blow by this would happen, and it having blow by is why it's using oil.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you think it's harmful to continue running it with this possible "blow by"? Doesn't that include an internal leak of some kind? If that were happening wouldn't the mower be running rough. Mine doesn't. Another thought. In July I replaced the air filter. The one I bought is wix and they said it matches the number on my last filter. But I kind of have to muscle it in the filter holder as it has a rubber ring around the end of the filter that protrudes out a bit more than the last one and makes it harder to get the cover back on the filter holder. Could I have the wrong filter causeing oil darkening?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A wix filter is likely equal or better than the OE filter. Blow by means a little of the combustion process is leaking by the rings...it will start smoking if it gets bad enough. Even with a lot of blow by the engine can still run fine...it's just hard on plugs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My season will be over by next week. I am going to take the V-Ride to the dealer to take a closer look at this oil usage. I have just been filling it with oil more often and started using synthetic. Still lots of oil usage. Otherwise engine seems to run smoothly. My question is, if it is an issue with the rings or something else serious, how long of warranty coverage do I have for the Kawi? I bought the mower in Oct of 2010 and I know there is a 3 year warranty, but does that include the engine? Thanks in advance.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates on you guys engines burning or using oil? I had the engine on the V Ride and valves cleaned over the winter and it still burns and uses oil.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

Old 04-28-2013, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I brought mine in and they found a seal on the front of my motor weeping. We will see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Member

my 2010 vride drank oil and gas, i sold it , my 2013 vride darkened the oil after 5 hours, switched over to mobile 1 syn 10w -30 , has about 20 hours on it oil looks like the day i put it in, uses less fuel too, so far so good, scag told me to use 10w-30 in the FX730v kawasaki instead of 30w runs a little quieter